Gabriel x Reader

"But Sam, he told me if I went with him for a little bit he will help you case with your case!" You were arguing with sam who for some reason was acting like an annoying older brother.
"You aren't leaving with him, we can solve the case on our own!"
"Hey listen Sammy, if she wants to get boned by an Angel, I mean why are you stopping her?" Dean interjected which left you laughing.
"Dean, I am not trading (y/n), for information."
"Yeah well I'm willing to go."
"(Y/n), just... do you understand what he is asking?" Sam looked at you like you were five and he just caught you stealing candy.
"I'm a big girl, I make my own decisions. If I want the candy then I am going to get it. However I know Gabe, he'll probably take me on a romantic getaway and that doesn't scare me."
The moment you said that it doesn't scare you his whole expression changed.
You have a problem with dating people while being a hunter. You are scared of falling in love. You see, it's a risky business, if you die you are scared for the other. If they die, you know that you wouldn't know what to do with yourself.
Love isn't worth the pain.
Atleast it wasn't until now.
Gabriel.
He just.
He fills your heart up.
You feel giddy around him. Your heart beats a mile a minute. You never had that feeling since before you became a hunter. Before you were a teenager.
"If you are ok with it. He better have you back before 12 am! I swear to-"
"My father? Gotcha moose!" Suddenly Gabriel appeared and he was here for five seconds yet you were already cracking up.
"Hey," you simply said and he wrapped his arm around your shoulders and stared down at you with a coy smile.
"Hey."
You stared into his eyes and you felt safe. It was cliche but you were happy that for once in your life, something was cliche.