01

This isn't like some typical love story, like clueless or Mean Girls. It's more like Ten Reasons Why I Hate You.

Hi, my name is Diamanté and I'm 16 years old I'm an only child. I was soon to be a sister, but unfortunately things happen for a reason. 

My parents are going on vacation for their anniversary, but it's for a whole month and well I'm gonna be alone. Not that i'm complaining I mean I love being alone. It does get kinda lonely though and also creepy.

I have no friends, but who cares, right? Where are they gonna be in like five years? Not beside me that's for sure.

"Okay Dia, ya me voy," my mom called out. She came down with a bunch of bags and more than two luggage. (Okay, Día, i'm leaving already)

I ran downstairs hugging my mom and hugging my dad. A whole month without them around? That's gonna be a tough one.

"Bye guys I love you and don't let go of mom dad. Same goes to you mom, don't let go of dad," I said smiling. My dad chuckled and kissed my forehead.

"Okay, Día, Uber is almost here. Your babysitter is gonna be here any minute now. I had texted him to call when he was close," your mom checked her phone again. She sighed and locked it again. "He's going to be staying in the guest bedroom so I want you to show him around. The laundry room, kitchen, bathroom, backyard, garage-"

"Yeah, I get it mom. Just one question though," I said and she jerked her head for me to continue.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Why a babysitter. I mean i'm sixteen and I'm pretty sure I can handle myself-" my dad sighed as he heard my moms phone ding.

"Uber is here," mom says to dad and he takes the luggage outside. "Look, I know you don't like the idea of a stranger in the house, but... I don't want you alone. I mean it's not that I don't trust you I just don't trust the World," I chuckled at her point of it all.

"Guess that'll do for the excuse," you sigh and kiss your mom goodbye.

"Okay well we're gonna be late for our flight, we'll see you exactly in one month," my dad said as he came back for the other luggage. The Uber driver got out to help with bags too.

"Okay," I mumbled and followed behind them.

"Babysitter is gonna be here so please, please Diamanté behave, alright?" My mother warned once more.

"I love you!" They didn't even leave yet and I already closed the door. I locked it and went upstairs to my room.

A babysitter....I'm 16 and I don't need a babysitter, but my mom doesn't trust me. I wouldn't blame her. Things that happened back in Freshman year, scare me a little. I know it's not that 'I don't trust the World' bs. It's more than that.

For the next few minutes I changed into sweats and a t-shirt that I got from a yard sale. So, what I'm cheap? The doorbell rang throughout the house.

Heading downstairs I pass by the kitchen and grab a bottle of water. When I opened the front door I nearly drop the bottle of water.

Cute. He's taller than me and his hair is like a Hershey color and his jawline is so sharp. His smile is contagious and his lips are a shade of pink and plumped.

"Hey, I'm Diamanté." I extend my hand to shake his, but he just raised an eyebrow. 

"You must be the baby. I'm Ethan, the sitter," he displayed a sly smirk. He has a toothpick in between his teeth and a jean jacket on with some matching pants and a dark green shirt.