29

"No, I'm five hours away from your amazing home, Grayson," this bitch again. "Hayes, get over it," I say.

"Hayes, its fine. Maybe we can go during summer," Grayson chuckles.

"You better," Hayes point at him.

"Okay, Our Uber will be here in any minute. Get in your groups so we can be ready by the time they're here," Ethan said, locking his phone.

"Matt, Carter, Aaron, and Taylor. You guys take uber number one," Grayson glanced at each of them. "Jamie, Emilio, Ivan, and Shawn. You four will take Uber number two,"

"Cameron, Jack, JJ, and Gilinsky. Uber number three," They all got in their groups waiting on the sidewalk. "Grayson, Día, Hayes, Nash, and me. Hopefully I can fit," Ethan shrugs.

"Oh! Our Uber's are here!" Matt shouted.

-

Ethan kept trying to talk about Emilio. I kept telling him that it wasn't a big deal. As soon as we arrived at the airport back here Emilio gave me his number. He wanted to hang out sometime.

Ethan's been bringing that up since we got in that fucking Uber. I'd rather not talk to him about it in front of our friends. So, I avoided the subject.

"Finally, i'm home," I mumbled taking my keys out.

"Your dad... where is he?" Grayson asked from behind me. "I-I don't know. He hasn't called," I said putting the key in the keyhole.

"Do you think he's coming?" Aaron asked from the back. The guys were unloading the uber cars.

"I-I don't know," I shrugged. The lock wouldn't unlock and I was starting to get annoyed. The thought of my dad not coming back home kept eating at me.

He didn't call after the funeral and we never saw each other during the funeral. When I left Jersey I tried calling him, but he wouldn't answer. My dad stayed in Jersey I guess.

"Dia, are you ok-"

"Stop! Just please stop asking me if okay already. Im just so sick and tired of hearing that," my vision started to get blurry as I twisted the key, but it wouldn't budge.

Ethan took the keys and easily unlocked the door. I just grabbed my suitcase and hurried inside and up to my bedroom.

I heard them come in as I started crying. I feel like someone had just ripped my heart out. It hurts even more that my dad hasn't called me. He hasn't texted. I'm just wondering if he's even coming back.

-

I heard a soft knock. Didn't even wanna talk to anyone at the moment. I'm sure they'll understand. "Día, do you wanna talk?"

"N-No Ethan. I just wanna be alone right now," my breath hitched as I wiped a tear from my cheek. It was quiet for ten seconds until he spoke.

"Okay, i'll be downstairs if you need anything," his voice is faint.

"Thank you," I sniffled.

"I love you," he responds making me lift my head and stare at the door. "I-I love you too,"

-

Jamie's POV

"I hope she's okay," Shawn spoke from the floor beside the coffee table. Beside him is Carter and Aaron.