04

"Hey, I'm going to school today," I said grabbing a gradolan bar. So, my 'I have a stomach infection' excuse didn't work so well. Ethan has figured out that I wasn't sick after the third day. The second day he waited for me to leave. He came upstairs to ask when I was ready and I faked being sick.

"Finally. What are you gonna tell them? Hey, this stays between us, yeah. Nothing to your mom," he whispers.

"Okaaay. I'll just say that I had food poisoning," I said bitting the gradolan ;)  bar.

"Need a ride?" He asked and I shook my head at him.

"Nah, I usually ride there," Heading out the door, I grab my board and backpack. Mikey is staying at his aunts apartment in the city so he's not home all alone.

Fourth period

Stuck in physiology for an hour. I hate science I mean my teacher is a total ass. He's also very picky he wants our work to be perfect. I don't really pay much attention.

The bell rang and I was ready for lunch and like always I sit alone. Juniors and Seniors share the same lunch so there are two lunches throughout the whole day.

"This was happens when I think bout you, I get in my feelings yeah, I start-" I got cut off when my earbuds were pulled out. More like yanked out.

"Aww, is the little girl in love?" Beth, was it? She was holding my phone up. Jesus this girl was as tall as Ethan and Grayson.

"Give it back," I stood up, reaching for it. People in the cafeteria started to look our way.

"Or what?" She asked with a grin. My phone is still in her hands as she wrapped the earbuds around my phone.

"Just give it back. I don't want any problems," I reassured, reaching for my phone again. She put her hand up and moving it teasingly.

"You don't want no problems?" She asked again making me stop my movements. "Well you do got one." I flinched as she slammed my phone on the floor. The sound of glass breaking made people gasp, including me. She leaned in until she was face to face with me. "Stay. Away.  From. Ethan. Got it?" she asked. "Or next time it won't be your phone breaking," with that she turned on her heels and walked out.

What the fuck was the point of that? I picked up my phone. The whole screen is shattered with a few pieces of glass on the floor.

"Ugh, this is worthless. I can't afford a new one now," I felt so much anger in me. Who even does this childish shit?

"Here," Ethan had came up behind me with a plastic zip lock bag. I looked at him dumbfounded.

"Thank you," I said putting my phone in the zip lock bag. I zipped it up and grabbed my backpack.

"I can buy you a new one," he blurted out. I shook my head as I closed my backpack.

"No, it's fine," I respond as I sling the backpack strap over my right shoulder. He also shakes his head.

"No, Dia, please I insist," he said more sternly. I sighed and looked down for a second.

"No Eth-" he grabbed my backpack from my shoulder and groaned in annoyance.

"No, I'm buying you a new one and that's the end of it," he started making his way out of the cafeteria. I followed behind him like a shy little girl.

This is the first time he's made me feel this way. But seriously I gotta convince him not to buy me a new phone. They ain't cheap for sure.