Chapter 2- The Boa Constricter

"No funny business," snarled Uncle Vernon as we stepped out of the car.

"Yes Uncle Vernon" Harry droned monotonously while at the same time I scoffed what I thought was quietly. Vernon glared at me and shoved a sausagey finger in my face.

"You will behave," he turned away and I rolled my eyes.

Pig saw the gesture and glared at me. I shot a glare right back and Dudley, looking slightly frightened, turned away. He'd brought along one of his friends, Piers Polkiss, Dudley's right hand man.

Dudley was the 'leader' of his little gang, and their favourite thing to do was beat other kids up; kids who were usually younger or smaller than himself. Their favourite target used to be Harry and me, until they'd encountered me when I was still frustrated at Vernon for confiscating my school supplies so I'd get in trouble at school, and all left with bruises and black eyes. From then on they became frightened of me, and left me to my business. Then they'd moved onto Harry, but Harry was much too fast, and I'd always step up to defend him.

We paid to get into the zoo, and went to get ice cream before going to see the animals. Dudley and Piers were both pigging out on triple scoop chocolate ice cream cone, and before Vernon and Petunia could hurry us away, the cheery lady had asked Harry and I what we wanted. Vernon and Petunia grudgingly bought us each a lemon ice lolly, not wanting to make a scene.

Harry and I walked a little ways away from the Dursleys, and kept to ourselves, as to keep from getting yelled at, or anything else that could ruin the morning. We happily ate our lemon ice lollies, and chatted to one and other happily, pointing to animals and laughing.

We walked first to the mammals, I loved the lions. I even got a few pictures on my iPod, without the Dursleys noticing. I turned to Harry, who looked just as mesmerized as I. We watched as one lion raised its head, and looked towards the glass where it must have noticed movement. It walked over, and stood at the glass. I smiled, and put my hand to the glass.

I was slightly disappointed when we had to leave the lions, but I knew we needed to keep close to the Dursleys, as they would surely leave without us. Dudley and Piers then became hungry, so we stopped to get some lunch. When Dudley and Piers both threw tantrums because their knickerbocker glorys weren't big enough, they were given to Harry and I, while new ones were ordered for Pig and Piers.

After we ate, we headed through the rest of the zoo, and I once saw a large pig that resembled Dudley enough that I took a picture of it. Harry snorted loudly when I told him what I thought of it, and I considered telling Dudley as well. I decided I didn't want to be grounded for the rest of the summer, though.

We kept walking until we got to the reptile house, it was dark and damp. The only light was coming from dim light bulbs hanging on the ceiling, and lights from behind the tanks. I sighed in the comforting cool air, and marveled in wonder at the dark room.

"Daddy! Come and look at this one!" yelled Dudley excitedly as he and Piers ran towards a big tank taking up an entire wall.

I looked at the sign on the tank it read, Brazilian boa constrictor. All of a sudden he started banging on the glass with all his might yelling. "Move!"

"Stop!" Harry said quickly "It's sleeping."

"It's boring," Dudley groaned walking away.

Harry, being the kind hearted person he was, went up to the tank and leaned against the rail, sighing slightly. He offered a sorry gaze into the snakes eyes, which almost felt returned. I came up beside him and watched.

"Sorry about him," said Harry sadly. "He doesn't know what it's like locked up with people banging on the glass all day. I know I do. He does it on my bedroom door about every day."