Chapter 14- A Walk with Draco

A comfortable silence hung around Draco and I as we exited the common room. The hallways were empty of any student, all curfews having been passed already. We would pass the occasional student who had snuck out as well, but would pass by with nothing more than a mere nod.

"Did you have anywhere in mind?" I whispered, glancing around the dark castle.

"Ah, wherever," he said shrugging his shoulders.

We were both now out of school uniform. On the off chance that we were caught, I was hoping that maybe once again I could keep our house from losing points. That was much less likely with Draco, however. He and his family were known to be a line of Slytherins.

We continued to walk about the castle not knowing where to go. It was starting to get a bit awkward, having no idea which direction we should turn next. I shoved my hands in my pockets.

"I got an idea!" Draco announced. "Call your owl let her lead the way."

I chuckled slightly. The idea almost sounded ridiculous. Stripes was an owl after all. Silently though, I had a feeling that owl'd been around the whole castle already and probably knew it like the back of her hand...wing. I whistled and waited for about a minute before I heard the shuffling of quick wings behind me. I

"You know any hidden corridors or anything?" I asked the owl with a smirk, as though she could understand.

The owl turned away, and started to fly down the hall, and Draco and I stuck close behind. We followed the owl through corridors neither of us knew existed and into some old classrooms, which appeared to be abandoned. We'd ended up back in the the main part of the castle, because Stripes had flown away, presumably back to the common room, and I was starting to feel slightly tired, and wanted to sit down.

"Let's head to the Great Hall," Draco suggested, and I nodded.

We started walking towards the Great Hall, when I heard footsteps coming up behind us. I brought Draco into a dark corner and shifted into a panther and covered him. He was quiet and I saw McGonagall walk by.

"We should probably keep going. McGonagall's office is somewhere around here I'm told."

I nodded, and we continued walking through the huge castle until we found ourselves in the Entrance Hall. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that we were in the lead for the house cup. I smirked, muttering an unpleasant comment about Gryffindor under my breath.

We walked into the Great Hall. It's completely empty besides the two of us. We sat down and a small midnight snack appears before us. Two glasses of milk, and a tray covered in cookies of all kinds. I looked up at Draco and grinned.

"UNLIMITED MILK AND COOKIES!" We exclaimed simultaneously, for a moment forgetting to be quiet out of bed past curfew.

We ate too many cookies to count, only stopping when we feel as though we're about to explode, and the tray disappeared. We then just sat silently, but comfortably. I looked around the Great Hall. It felt weird being alone in the huge room.

"You know what I've wanted to do since I got here," I said an idea creeping up in my head, and a smirk growing over my face.

"No," Draco said cautiously. "What?"

"Sit in Dumbledore's chair!" I whisper yelled, jumping out of my seat.

"I'm not too sure that's a good-"

"WIMP!" I cut him off.

"Fine," he started grinning. "But only because I've wanted to do it the whole time too."

We walked up to the teachers table and I plop myself into Dumbledore's chair. I sat in the huge, comfortable chair for about two minutes before Draco jumped out of McGonagall's chair impatiently.

"Okay it's my turn!" He whined.

"You sound like a five year old."

"Whatever just move!' Draco sat for about a minute before a voice boomed through the room.

"Having fun there children?" Dumbledore asked.

"Sir!" Draco jumped up as if Dumbledore had sat the chair alight. "I- Well you see... We were... I didn't... Please don't give us detention... My Father... We can't..."

"Mr. Malfoy!" The headmaster interrupted, with a smile on his face.

"Sir," Draco addressed politely.

"Run off to your common room, and don't get caught or you'll both get stuck in detention," Dumbledore said with a twinkle in his eye.

Draco and I scampered off, but as we were about to run out the door Dumbledore stopped us.

"How'd you like the chair?" He asked.

"It's really nice!" I said honestly.

"It is nice isn't it? It's also enchanted," he chuckled. "Numerous students try to sit there. Most times after curfew like you have."

My eyes widened in surprise as I looked over at Draco. We looked back to the headmaster who nodded his head. We scurried quickly back to the common room.

We got back in record time and sat on the couch and talked until about 11:00, when we head up to our respective dorms.

"Night Lee," Draco said, reaching the stairs to the boys dormitory.

"Night Drake."

After exchanging goodnights, we headed up to our dorms. I got up to the dorm and quickly changed into my PJ's and lay down, almost on top of Stripes who had decided to take over my bed.

Harry? I called.

Ugh why are you still up?

Well you are too obviously, I state.

I am now.

Sorry.

Well why are you up? Harry questions again.

I was on a walk with Draco.

This late?

Duh.

Go to sleep! Harry yelled into my head, sounding tired.

Fine. But I wanted to tell you, while we were walking, we went to the Great Hall and sat in Dumbledore's chair, which is apparently enchanted to know when somebody besides Dumbledore is in it, so I suggest you don't try it. I tell Harry my story of the night.

You got caught, didn't you? I wasn't going to try it, all you Slytherins and your Slytherin antics. Just because all of you are crazy doesn't mean everyone else is.

Aw come on Harry, that was rude.

Good.

Wow, now you're just going to be a bully, are you?

Yes. Yes I am. I am also going to go back to sleep, and I suggest you sleep as well so goodnight Lily.

Okay, night.

Night.

I shooed my owl off my pillow, and she flew to her cage. I lay my head back and closed my eyes, falling asleep almost instantly.