Chapter 23- The Three-Headed Dog

Harry, Hermione, Ron, Sydney and I were heading up to the Gryffindor common room after classes. We just had to walk up the seemingly hundreds of flights of stair cases. When
we were on our third staircase we got quite the surprise. Harry stepped onto the staircase, followed by Sydney, Hermione, Ron, and then me. As soon as I'd stepped on, it jerked. The staircase was starting to move.

"What's going on?" Ron whimpered.

"The staircase is changing, haven't you noticed?" I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

The staircase stopped at a doorway, leading to another hall. The door was like any other door of the castle, but was the only way off the staircase at the moment. I glanced back to the corridor we should have ended up at.

"Let's get off, before the staircase changes again," suggested Hermione.

We all stepped off the staircase. As soon as my foot left the staircase the stairs moved again and went back to their original position. I huffed as I watched students head, without trouble, toward the Gryffindor common room.

"Come on," Harry muttered pushing the door open.

We entered a dark hallway. As soon as we stepped in, a torch lit itself. There were a bunch of creepy statues covered in cobwebs. I was looking around the stone room when I heard a meow from behind me. I jumped about my eyes and hair turned bright orange like Weasley hair.

"Lily! Harry's not your twin! Ron is!" Sydney laughed.

I glared and shifted back to my normal appearance. I'd been losing control of my Metamorphmagus powers, more and more my hair and eyes changed colour to reflect strong emotions. Hermione had insisted it was only because I was getting more in touch with my magic side, after having left the Dursley's. I even had to get a colour wheel to see emotion I was feeling based on the colour. I knew what I was feeling now; Surprise.

"Does anybody else feel like we shouldn't be here?" I asked, after forcing my hair back to red. I glanced around the room and shuddered.

"We shouldn't be! Dumbledore said that at the opening ceremony!" said Hermione.

"He did? When?" I said, attempting to think back to my first dinner at Hogwarts.

"During his speech," said Hermione, frustrated.

"I don't remember any of that!" I exclaimed.

"You were zoned out Lil. I was watching you and you looked off in space," Harry explained. "And then after that you started talking to Sydney."

My best friend and I shared a huge grin at the memory of out first day at Hogwarts.

"What did he say?" I asked.

"He said stay away from the third floor corridor unless you want to die a most painful death!" Hermione whisper yelled as if there were some great beast sleeping in the corridor.

Before I could answer, movement in the corner of my eye caught my attention. A red eyed cat had slunk into the room. I knew the feline all too well, and I quickly turned back to the other four.

"Guys it's Mrs. Norris!" I whispered.

All four of my friends turned to see the red-eyed cat staring back at them. It meowed again. I had no clue as to how it got there, the staircase was gone. I was already set for three detentions, and I really didn't want a fourth.

"We have to get moving, wherever that cat is Filch is!"Harry exclaimed.

"Yeah, if we don't get out of here, we might just experience a most painful death anyway," I muttered.