Chapter 16- The Prank

It was early when we awoke. Ishook Sydney, and had to dodge her hand that came flying toward my face trying to swat me awake. I was careful not to wake the others in the dorm as I literally dragged Sydney out of bed. She, unlike myself, was not one for an early rise. I was barely able to get her out of bed and down to the Entrance Hall to meet Fred and George.

It was still before 6 o'clock when we arrived. We were beat only by the early birds, most of whom were Ravenclaws. Oliver Wood was sat at the Gryffindor table, as I could see through the doors, windblown from already having been out to the pitch. His love for Quidditch was contagious, and many times I had awoken before 5'oclock, to get out to the pitch with him as soon as curfew was lifted on the hour. Rumour had it that he'd been recommended to Puddlemere United, but no one knew the outcome as of yet.

"Hola, amigos," George was cheery for this time of day, providing great contrast from where he stood beside a still grumpy Sydney. "Ready?"

I was half tempted to start jumping up and down. This was my first big prank. The others were against only a maximum of three people. I settled for a nod, while Sydney simply shrugged her shoulders, releasing a loud yawn.

We entered the Great Hall, and the few students who had arrived groaned. I assumed the only reason that Fred and George would ever wake up this early was for a good prank. Oliver, I noticed, shook his head and smiled in amusement.

We began to setup as inconspicuously as possible. It wasn't hard, considering no one was offering us much attention. By 7:50 we had finished the final touches. With the help of George we hid ourselves using a cloaking spell, and waited.

It was 8:15 when we decided the Hall was as full as it would get. Nearly all of the students were there, and those who weren't, we figured, were either not coming, or weren't worth the wait. Harry was glancing around the Hall, peering over at the Slytherin table, obviously looking for us.

Harry's attention was ripped from the Slytherin table when Fred waved his wand, making large water balloons appear above everyone's head. No one even had time to think before George had waved his wand and they fell. The balloons weren't filled with water, as everyone seemed to have thought. Instead they were filled with enchanted paint, that was impossible to wash off.

The students looked enraged. The Slytherins had turned gold and scarlet, the Gryffindors were glancing around with horrified green and silver faces, the Hufflpuffs examined their blue and bronze arms while the Ravenclaws used every spell they could think of to get the yellow and brown paint off of themselves. 

This time I waved my wand. More water balloons appeared, this time above the head table. A wave of Sydney's wand and they came crashing down. The professors were now a hideous shade of pink. I wasn't sure what I found funnier, a seething bright pink potions master, or a pink tabby cat running between the Ravenclaw and Gryffindor tables.

By now, students and professors alike were standing and looking around for the culprit. We just stayed under the cloaking spell, laughing silently so no one would hear us. Somehow, no one but the Weasley's seemed to notice the absence of Fred and George.

We were laughing so hard, that George accidentally removed the cloaking spell he had been responsible for holding. When we noticed all eyes on us, we froze. I was sure, after a glance to Fred, that all of our expressions were the same: a deer caught in the headlights.

Through the angry shouts I heard a noise of realization as students gazes locked onto Fred and George. Most of the Hufflepuffs, with their kind souls, sat back down and started up conversation. Others, knowing Fred and George never did anything too dangerous or too permanent, didn't bother with them, and decided it was easier to roll their eyes and sit bacl down. Suddenly many of the Professors started advancing towards us. I really didn't want to lose all our house points or get detention for the rest of the year.

"It only lasts 24 hours," I said nervously, holding my hands up in front of me as if I was staring down the barrel of a gun.

This only seemed to enrage them more and they started to advance faster. Though they didn't look very intimidating in their state, I knew we would likely get a month's detention... from each of the Professors.

"Look, at the time! Got to run!" George said quickly.

He, Fred, and Sydney sprinted out of the hallway, grabbing a slice of toast from the Ravenclaw table on their way. Having been left behind, I went to cower under the Gryffindor table by Harry's shoes.

"Hey!" I heard the voice that belonged to Sadie. "Neil and I are still silver and green!"

Of course they would be. They were at the wrong table. With this I was out from under the bench in seconds.

"Ha-ha," I mock laughed and waved my wand. Scarlet and gold balloons appeared above the two of them then burst turning the Scarlet and gold.

Neil was only able to laugh at what Sadie had brought upon them. I noticed behind him that the small army of professors were now behind him. I shrieked, grabbed a slice of toast and some bacon, and made a mad dash for the doors without another word.

I ran to the Gryffindor common room where I assumed Fred and George were. I couldn't remember the password to the common room, so I stood for about three minutes, thinking. I thought harder and it hit me.

"Caput Draconis," as I said it I noticed an army of angry Ravenclaws had followed me to the common room.

"The password changes Slytherin," the Fat Lady spat.

I ran over and rapped my knuckles roughly against the portrait, wondering why I hadn't just done that in first place. Sydney opened the door knowing it was probably me and stepped aside to let me in. I got right to the point.

"That was awesome," I said.

"Absolutely brilliant," Sydney grinned.

"Fantastic," Fred and George laughed together.

We high-fived.

"We definitely have to do something like that again," Sydney said thoughtfully.

The twins grinned. "We've got loads of pranks, feel free to ask if you're ever in the mood."

We chatted about future pranks for a while coming up with some really good ones. But Sydney's idea was by far the best. We planned to do it on the closing ceremony. We planned that one out for about ten minutes. It was perfect, flawless. When we finished coming up with the prank Sydney went to open the portrait door to leave for class.

"No!" I screamed.

"What?" Sydney asked reaching for the door.

"There are about twenty angry Hufflepuff coloured Ravenclaws out there," I said. "If you don't mind being late for class we can wait it out. Ravenclaws wouldn't dare be late for class."

Sydney agreed, and we awaited the passing of the start of class, where we were sure to get a detention from McGonagall. We had smiles on our faces all the while though.

"We're headed to where we're surely going to get detention," I laughed. "From a pink Professor."