Chapter 24- Christmas and the Mirror

Christmas break had begun, and all our friends had gone home. It was just me, Harry and a bunch of students I hardly knew. Christmas was in two days and Harry and I were planning to ask Dumbledore if the castle had any extra rooms so we could spend Christmas together. We were in the Girls dormitory of the Slytherin common room, as all of the girls in my dormitory had left for the holidays. It had taken ten minutes figuring out how to get Harry up (which had ended in me levitating him a foot off the ground).

We were looking at all the pictures taped to the wall above my bed. There was a least thirty there already, and I was planning to add some Christmas ones too. There was a picture of the Slytherin Quidditch team, one of the Gryffindor Quidditch team with myself having joined them for training, the ones of me and Fred from Hogsmade, a bunch of me and Harry in the schoolyard, some of all my friends at lunch, a few of me with my Slytherin friends in the common room, and a lot more. Some were moving, some not.

"Harry let's go now. It's ten minutes until curfew," I informed.

Harry agreed and stood up out of my bed and waited for me. Once I'd stood he walked over to the staircase, and forgetting as soon as he stepped on, it would turn into a slide, stepped on and fell to the bottom. I slid down after him and laughed at him when I got to the bottom. He pouted.

We exited the Slytherin common and much to my displeasure, ran into Flint. I was still mad at him for 'not letting me associate with the Gryffindor Quidditch team'. He wasn't the boss of me. He glared at Harry.

"Shove off Flint," I spat, attempting to push past him.

"Or what?" he challenged.

I punched Flint the face, deciding on the muggle way in getting him to leave me alone. He fell to the ground looking stunned. I pulled out my wand and levitated him and left him hanging in the air by the door. I figured he'd fall as soon as I got too far to concentrate my magic.

Harry and I ran off and stopped as soon as we were out of Flint's sight. I heard a loud thud indicating that my charm had stopped working. Harry laughed loudly and high fived me, the cunning side of him coming out.

"That was hilarious! But you didn't need to do that," he disciplined, unable to keep the grin off his face as he did so. "You don't want a detention on Christmas break."

"Flint is a git. If I do get a detention it was worth it," I laughed. "Now, weren't we heading to Dumbledore's office?"

"Right," Harry said, he looked at me sideways. "Race you?"

"Oh you're on," we stood beside each other, prepared to run. "3, 2, 1, Go!"

Harry and I took off running full speed through the halls up a few stair cases and down more corridors. We both had speed we'd developed after years of running from the Dursleys- particularly Dudley. If we didn't have speed when we were young, we had bruises and black eyes instead. We were getting really close to Dumbledore's office before a voice sounded behind us.

"Potter! Potter!" said a deep voice.

Harry and I skidded to a stop and spun around to find Snape standing behind us, the usual cold look visible in his eyes. I glared back. He marched straight up to us, towering at least a foot over the both of us. I scowled. 

"Snape," I spat.

"That's, Professor Snape to you Potter," he drawled looking me in the eye. He turned to Harry.

"Mr. Potter, do not run in the halls, 10 points from Gryffindor. I would give you detention but since it's Christmas break, much to my dissatisfaction, I cannot. Now get out of my sight!" Harry and I walked quickly away from Snape not daring to run.