Chapter 11- Potions Class

Sydney and I, still itching for the end of classes, were cheered slightly by the fact that we were now going to see "our favourite Gryffies" in potions.

We headed towards the dungeons, but not before stopping to pull a quick prank on a lost Hufflepuff, and sending them into a seventh year defence class.

The Hufflepuff had walked out of the class looking quite terrified, causing a good laugh on mine and Sydney's part, but we soon set the ever trusting Hufflepuff out on the right path.

Now late for class, we ran off to find the potions room, where we were sure to get chastised by the "evil bat of a potions master".

We quickly found our potions class, and we hurried in, taking the last two available seats beside Sadie and Draco Malfoy.

I slid into the seat beside Sadie, and pulled out my potions books, parchment, and ink and quill, before shooting the Professor an innocent look.

"Where were you?" Sadie hissed.

"That's for me to know and you to find out," I said smirking. My eyes flashed a dark orange as I said it. Sadie rolled her eyes and I shrugged and looked up at the Professor. He looked up from whatever he was looking and looked over our class once and glared at Harry. Then he looked over at me and a look of surprise came over his face. He quickly recovered and looked back at my brother, and speaking.

"Mr. Potter," he drawled. "Our new celebrity."

"Hey!" I yelled not caring for the trouble that was sure to follow. "What am I a peice of raw meat?"

I heard Sydney give a snort of laughter behind me. The Professor glanced at me and quickly looked away, causing me to raise one eyebrow.

"Ms. Potter," was all he said whilst glaring at Harry.

I huffed, and all the attention was soon brought back to Harry.

Snape asked Harry a series of questions that Harry didn't know any of the answers to and the whole time I was laughing my head off. I got a whole lot of weird looks but all I did was glare at them, and continue to laugh.

"Melody!" Harry finally yelled in annoyance turning around and shooting me a look.

I shot Harry a quick glare. "Don't call me Melody."

Harry turned back to the front, where Snape was also glaring at him, his glare full of hatred.

"Five points from Gryffindor for yelling out in my class."

I laughed along with most of the Slytherins and smirked at Harry. He glared back at me again.

What's wrong with you? He thought to me angrily.

Ah, nothing. Just Slytherin-ing.

Slytherin-ing? You know that makes no sense whatsoever right?

Uhh duh. I smirked at him when he turned around to look at me.

You are not normal.

And?

Oh just thought you should know. Harry looked at me and it was his turn to smirk.

"Mr. Potter!" Snape was hovering over Harry's desk glaring, once again. "Face the front."

Stop getting in trouble Harry! I teased.

Shut up Melody. Harry said to me in his head.

Pardon? You didn't go there.

Oh but I did.

You. Will. Regret. That.

Will I?

Harry, look what Bertram did!

Harry quickly turned to face the back of the classroom to look at Bertram.

"Professor! Harry's not facing the front!" I snickered.

"Mr. Potter!" Snape yelled, "Ten points from Gryffindor."

Told you you'd regret it. I said to Harry.

"You may start now," said Snape. "Instructions are on the board."

I looked up on the board and sure enough there were instructions on how to make the cure for boils potion.

I paired up with Sadie, Sydney Paired up with Draco Malfoy and Neil Glared at us and went to pair up with Thedore Nott.

"Wait what are we doing?" I asked Sadie.

"Weren't you listening?" she asked.

"Uhhh..I may or may not have been talking to Harry the whole time. Even if I wasn't I probably wouldn't have listened."

"Harry's two seats ahead of us."

"Heh, yeah about that, we have twin telepathy."

Sadie sat mouth agape.

"You gunna tell me what we're doing or not?" I challenged.

Sadie recovered quickly and explained what we were supposed to be doing.

We made the potion and in my opinion it was amazing. I loved potions already. I went up to Snape's desk and placed the potion on his desk proudly, wearing a smirk.

"Very good Ms. Potter," he said eyeing me curiously.

"Okay, why is it that every time you look at me you look so surprised?!" I whisper yelled in annoyance.

"See me in here after classes Ms. Potter." He said monotonously.

Uh oh. Did I just win myself a detention with Snape? But he never took points away from Slytherins let alone detention.

I groaned audibly, before I walked back over to Sadie and sat down. She looked at me suspiciously.

"What happened?" she asked.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I replied miserably.

"You were up there for a long time and you seemed to be having a lovely conversation with Snape."

"Nah, he was just being Snape if you know what I mean," I sneered up at Snape again.

"Really Lily what happened?"

"Okay, okay. I might be the first Slytherin in the history of time to win a detention with Snape," I admitted.

She just looked at me shocked. I miserably rested my elbow on the desk, putting my cheek on my fist.

"At least you've made history."

I laughed and the last bell rang. I looked at Sydney and grins broke over our faces. We jumped up and darted toward the transfiguration classroom.

*

Sydney and I walked out of the Transfiguration classroom wearing smirks. We had just learned we were natural animagi and I could transfigure into a panther, and Sydney a fox.

While we headed back to the Slytherin common rooms, annoying little Hufflepuffs were trying to talk to the famous Melody Potter. In annoyance, when they came near me I turned my eyes a glowing yellow and they scampered off in fear. Sydney looked at me in thanks.

We quickly entered the common room and collapsed on the couch, which apparently, Draco and Theo were already sitting on.

"Erm, sorry," Sydney laughed, and we dashed up to our dormitory.