Chapter 25- The Last Puzzle Pieces

I missed the mirror. I missed seeing my parents, just standing silently, with me and Harry. But I knew it was good it was gone. If I was going this crazy from seeing it four times, I knew if I'd seen it more, I would've gone mad. Sydney still looked haunted, a week later.

We still had no information on Flamel. We were down in the library looking for him again. We hadn't seen Hermione in almost a half hour, we soon saw her come out from behind a tall bookshelf.

"I knew I'd seen his name somewhere before!" she exclaimed slamming a huge book down on the table.

"I checked this book out weeks ago for some light reading."

"Light reading? You call that light?" Ron questioned. He took the tape he'd used to measure his Charms essay to measure the thickness of the book. Hermione slapped his hands away.

"Check this out," said Hermione, flipping it open roughly, narrowly missing Ron's fingers. "Nicholas Flamel is the only maker of the Philosopher's Stone!"

"What's the Philosopher's Stone?" asked Ron. I wouldn't admit that I was going to ask the same.

"It says here: The ancient study of alchemy is concerned with making the Philosopher's Stone, a legendary substance with astonishing powers. The Stone will transform any metal into pure gold. It also produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal. That's what's through the trapdoor. That's what Fluffy's guarding."

"Why does the school need to protect the Philosopher's Stone?" Ron asked.

"Remember that vault that was robbed from Gringott's?" asked Harry, we all nodded eagerly. "Hargid had taken us to that vault that day. He took out a small box, said it was Hogwarts business."

"This was after I'd fallen asleep?" I asked. Harry nodded.

"What d'you mean 'fallen asleep'? You slept in a Gringotts cart?" Sydney asked.

I brightened. This was the first time she'd spoken in a week, without being asked a question. She looked at me with amused eyes. This was the happiest I'd seen her in a week, and the simple smile on her face made my spirits rise.

"Yes, I slept in a Gringotts cart. I hadn't gotten any sleep the night before!" I laughed. "Learning you're magic takes that away! Not to mention the Dursleys made us sleep on the stone floor. It wasn't too comfortable."

We left the library feeling a great sense of accomplishment. We'd finally figured out who Flamel was, and what was through the trapdoor. On top of that Sydney seemed to be over the mirror, and was back to her happy self.

"Hey guys, I'm going to get my book back. Snape took it yesterday," Harry said walking the other direction.

"I'll come!" I decided and ran to meet up with Harry.

"You don't have to," Harry groaned.

"You'll get in less trouble with a Slytherin with you," I told him, and he agreed.

We walked to the halls into the dungeons, where Snape's office was. Harry reached out and knocked twice on the door. It swung open and Snape stood there, moving his cloak away from his leg, where there was a giant gash. His head snapped up at the sound of the door creaking.

"Potter! Get out! Get out!" he yelled angrily.

Harry and I ran back to the Gryffindor common room, and burst in panting. Three heads popped up from the other side of the couch and looked at us. Two sets of brown eyes and the one set of blue became confused when they took in our startled expressions.

"Snape tried to get past Fluffy! He didn't make it though, his leg was bleeding badly. He yelled at us to get out before we could do anything else," I informed.