Chapter Five

This cover attempt was by me 😂

---------------------

Dedication: Semonical2308 for commenting last chapter.

Recap:

"No, he is definitely evil and is plotting something," I nod. "He is Miles Carter, you know."

"This is true," she agrees, just as class begins.

I throw a glance across the room, to see Miles' eyes already on me. I gulp uneasily, quickly turning my attention to the board.

Miles is really hard to ignore.

---------------------

The front door slams and soon after, I can hear heavy footsteps, loud chatter and laughing. I roll my eyes and close my laptop.

The Boys are here.

I leap to my feet, glancing in the mirror at my appearance. I'm wearing a pair of leggings, a tight, lilac-coloured top that had a Calvin Klein logo on it and a black cardigan. I head downstairs, to see what everyone is up to.

The smell of sweat and boy's deodorant abuses my nostrils as I enter the kitchen. Finn and his two best mates, Alec and Jai, are raiding the fridge and cupboard for any food that they can find.

"Hey," Alec grins, giving me a broad, charming grin. "How's the better twin going?"

"I knew I always liked you the most," I tease and before I completely lost myself in Miles, I really did. My first ever kiss was with Alec, before my brother found out and sucker punched him in the stomach. I somehow had a crush on both Alec and Miles, simultaneously. Alec seemed interested in me, when we were about fourteen, but after a few threats from my brother, our two second romance faded pretty quickly. Then my infatuation with Miles happened. "I'm good. Great, actually. You?"

I'm half lying, but with my cheery tone, he doesn't notice. Jai gives me a brief wave, before sticking his head back into the fridge.

"Always good," he replies.

Finn comes over to me, before punching me in the arm, semi-lightly.

"Ow," I whine, stepping back. "Don't touch my precious cargo."

Finn makes a face at me, reaching around and grabbing the rest of the muffins mum baked for us. I had planned to have some after dinner, but once the boys sniffed them out, the rest were gone in a matter of seconds. I let out a sigh, shaking my head. There goes that plan.

"Oi, you holdin' up okay?" Jai asks me, his mouth full of muffin.

"Yeah, why?"

"Miles," he replies simply.

"Oh," I say bluntly. "Yeah. I'm okay."

"We'll drop that mother fucker, just give us the word," Alec pipes up.