Chapter Fourteen

-------------------

Dedication: Fmlpablo for being a great supporter of the story. Thank you!

Recap:

"You're going to have to end me, then," he spits, swivelling his eyes to Miles. "Because she is the best way to get to you." He flickers his eyes to Finn, before looking back at Miles. "To both of you."

I gulp, taking a step back.

This doesn't look good.

-------------------

"Finn, get out of here," the Coach quickly mutters as Principal Harrison began striding over, a look of fury on his face.

Finn darts off to the side, before disappearing behind the grandstand. He has been warned that he is at risk of being suspended and losing his Captain position of the football team, if he gets into any more fights.

"Who started it?" Harrison barks immediately. "And who was involved?"

Eli let out a humourless laugh as the paramedics began working on him, as he watched the football team begin to scramble.

"Alec, come here," Harrison said and Alec sighs, walking over to him. "Where's Finn?"

Alec shrugs, unable to wipe the cocky grin off his face. "Haven't seen him since the game finished."

Principal Harrison narrowed his eyes at him. "Get over to the bench. Now."

Alec rolls his eyes, doing as he's told.

Harrison looks at Jai. "You didn't throw any punches, did you?"

"Nah." Jai replies honestly.

"Didn't think so."

Jai walks over to us, as Harrison began picking off the students he thought he saw involved. The Coach followed him, trying to persuade him that the other team started it, not wanting any of his players to be suspended.

"What did the paramedic say about your shoulder?" I ask, planning to avoid talking about the fight.

"Muscle tear. It should be alright in a couple of days." he explains, rubbing it absently.

I nod in response, before glancing towards the grandstand. I see mum speaking to Finn, her hands on her hips.

"Uh oh," I say, sharing a sigh with Samara, before jogging towards them.

"Mum, are you serious?" Finn groans, looking frustrated. "I won the game, I have to go to my own victory party."

"No. I told you not to get in anymore fights," she says sternly, her hands on her hips, her curly hair messily cascading down her shoulders, being wind-blown from the cool, night breeze. "You're grounded."

"Mum, don't do this. We can start the grounding tomorrow. I need to be at the party, in case Eli and his crew show up."

"So you can get in more fights? No." she barks, her voice firm. "You're staying in and that's final."

I half-want to step in and defend Finn, but I also know that when mum is in this mood, she isn't one to argue with.

"If you do this mum, don't expect it to go unforgotten," he warns, looking pissed off.

"Is that a threat?" she huffs incredulously, quirking an eyebrow.

"Yes," he says through gritted teeth, his cheeks reddening.

Finn is a real Mumma's boy, unless she stops him going to a party. Then, things turn ugly, really quick.

"Well then, I might just-"