Chapter Thirty Nine

----------------------

Dedication: GraphicViolet for the cover! Thank you! <3

Recap:

"Oh," he grins. "Ouch."

I walk past him. I hear his footsteps behind me.

"Aw, don't leave it like that," he pouts.

I flip him off, before I walk out the door, slamming it shut behind me. As I walk to my car, I hear his laughter behind the wooden door. I grit my teeth, my fingernails biting into my flesh as the curl at my sides.

Eli is going to pay for what he has done.

-----------------------

The news that Finn is back at school, has spread like wild fire through the students.

The Boys drove him and carried his bags, while girls fawned over his injury, offering to help in any way, much to Becca's annoyance.

"It sucks, falling for one of the most popular boys in the year," Becca frowns as she watches a blonde-haired girl help Finn to his feet.

"Tell me about it," I agree, having been through it all myself, with Miles.

She gives me a sympathetic smile, before pushing from the table and marching towards the girl. Finn's face lights up when he sees her and it makes me smile. He is completely in love with her.

Considering Kiarra is on suspension, from the incident with Samara, I'm left flying solo, until Miles arrives. I scroll through Instagram for a few minutes, before a shadow looms over me.

"Good morning," he chirps, kissing my cheek.

"Hi," I smile up at him.

His fingers brush my cheek as he tucks a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Are you nervous?" he whispers, his eyes intensely staring into mine.

Tonight. Miles. Me. A secluded cabin.

I shake my head. "I'm excited."

He cups my face with his hands and softly presses his lips to mine. "Me too."

I place my hands lightly on his chest.

"I wish we didn't have this history exam. I couldn't focus at all this week, studying." I pout.

"I know," he groans. "All I could think about for this whole week has been you."

***

"Am I allowed to come tonight?" Kiarra asks I slide into the passenger seat. "Not that I care, but do you know?"

"Why wouldn't you be allowed?" I ask in confusion.