Chapter Twelve

-----------------------

Dedication: AGirl292 for the amazing cover! Thank you! 💜💙

Recap:

"Thank you," I silently mouth to Finn, before taking a bite of my burger.

He gives me a smile in return.

I'm glad things have been sorted. I can't help but wonder if things will go back to how they used to be.

But the real question is, do I want it to?

-----------------------

"How was your date?"

"It wasn't a date," Finn huffs, his face screwing up as he pushes against his weight, the veins in his arm protruding from his skin.

"Sure it wasn't."

"Why don't you believe me?"

"Because I know you," I point out, pulling the hand grip, feeling my muscles ache.

"What about you?" he suddenly asks and I let go out of the handle, causing the weight to hit the pole loudly, the sounding bouncing off the walls as I grimace.

He quirks an eyebrow at me as I scramble to pick it back up. I put the handle back in the holding spot and lean back in the uncomfortable, worn, leather seat.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, how's your dating life going? What's going on with Bentley?"

"You mean after he grabbed me, told everyone I don't put out and then said he should have known better than to get involved with me? No, there is no me and Bentley." I reply sourly, getting to my feet, dragging the back of my hand across my sweaty forehead.

"I'm going to kick him so hard in the balls he won't be able to reproduce." Finn states matter-of-factly.

"Please don't, you already slashed his tires."

"That was fun." he smirks devilishly.

I laugh, rolling my eyes. "You don't need to do that stuff. I am a big girl, Finn."

"You're my sister. I will always look out for you."

I smile at him, choosing to change the subject. "I'm going to go back on the treadmill. You coming?"

"Nah, I'm going to do some more weights."

I nod, before making my way over to one of the eight treadmills lined up against the wall. After adjusting the settings, I set it at a power walk. I absently watch one of the T.Vs as I'm deep in thought.

If only Finn knew, what really is going on.

***

I walk into Society and Culture, taking a seat in the far right hand side of the room.