Chapter Twenty Three

---------------------

Dedication: Fallfacefirst for voting and commenting on this story! Thank you <3

Recap:

I completely spaced. I forgot the only means for transport he has, is his motorbike.

"Ready?" he smirks, looking devilishly sexy with his hair windblown and his leather jacket tightly hugging his muscular figure.

I gulp, nervously taking the helmet from him.

This is going to be interesting.

----------------------

I stare down at the helmet in his hand, chewing at my lip.

"You're not scared, are you?" he smirks and I try not to show any fear.

"The last time I was on a motorbike, Finn and I collided. I got petrol all over me," I grumble and shudder at the less-then-fond memory from when we were ten.

"Don't worry, I'll be in control," he promises me with a wink.

I exhale somewhat deeply as I take the helmet. I jam it down onto my head, the tips of my ears folding. I let out a yelp and fumble to fix them. Miles chuckles, shaking his head at me, as if having expected something like that to happen.

I can hear my own breath in my ears as I do up the chin strap and adjust the beyond-heavy helmet. I feel if I lean too far to one side, I will fall over. He silently passes me a pair of gloves. I do up the velcro and look down at my outfit, glad I settled with a pair of tight jeans and a warm jacket.

"Ready?" he asks and I struggle to hear as my heartbeat is drumming in my ears.

I give him two thumbs up. He lowers the visor, so that my face will be protected from the harsh wind. He mounts the bike effortlessly and leans forward, giving me room. With an encouraging breath, I hop on behind him. I pray mum doesn't associate the loud motorbike sound to me as the bike roars to life.

He revs it a few times and lets the bike warm again, before taking off. He drives much slower and more cautious than I thought he would. We continue to drive out of town and I know where we're going. We used to come out to the beach in the next town over, when he used to live here.

Once we were on the main road, I feel him tense.

"Hold on!" he shouts loudly over his shoulder and I tighten my hold around him, resting my helmet on his back.

I squeal as he jolts forward, picking up speed. I dig my leather-clad fingers into his jacket and squeeze my eyes shut. After a few moments, when I get used to the speed, I feel myself smiling. I re-open my eyes and watch the dimly lit trees and road signs whoosh past me. I don't dare to look at the speed, in case I have a panic attack. I let my eyes roam, loving the feel of the cool wind blowing my dark hair back. I love his body this close to mine and I love the adrenaline I can feel, pulsing through my veins.

After fifteen minutes or so, we reach the windy road, that leads to the beach. He goes slower due to the road and I'm grateful. He can probably ride this road at double the speed, but he doesn't.

We reach the top of the hill and he parks the bike. My legs feel like jelly when I climb off. I gently remove my helmet this time and beam at him.

"That was awesome," I breathe in delight. "I really enjoyed that."

"Really?" he smiles, taking my helmet from me and placing it on the back of the bike.

"Yeah, we should do a ride in the day light, out to The Farm," I tell him in excitement. The Farm is a place, about forty minutes from where we live, with beautiful gardens and heaps of animals. It's like a zoo, but much less confined and restricted.