Chapter Forty Six

--------------------

Dedication: Distinctive for the amazing cover! Thank you!

Recap:

He rolls his eyes. "You're the one who will look good."

"Says you," I reply sarcastically.

"I have a surprise for you, after the dance," he leans in, whispering in my ear. "Pack to stay overnight."

I softly bite my lip.

"I can't wait."

--------------------

I press my lips together and rub slowly, before making a pop sound.

I meet my gaze in the mirror reflection. My dark hair is curled beside my face, my dark eyes framed with long lashes, my lips painted red.

"Almost ready for photos?" Kiarra asks, stepping out of the bathroom, her brilliant-blue dress flaring around her legs as she walks. Her heels click against the tiles, before changing to a soft thud as she walks across my carpeted floor, flicking out her long hair.

"Sure am," I reply, getting to my feet and wobbling. I hastily reach for my desk. I knew these heels were too high for me. Or maybe it was the three glasses of champagne...

"Do I look alright?" Becca asks us, her voice unusually timid.

She stands and runs her fingers down the light pink dress that is securely wrapped around her body.

"Hell to the yeah," Kiarra nods.

"Really?" she whispers.

"My brother will probably drop dead at the sight of you," I tease.

I thought Samara would be here for photos, considering Kiarra let her sit with us for lunch during the week, but apparently the "bitch has still a lot to make up for", direct quote. I do agree. A simple apology doesn't cut it for what she did to us, but life is short and I miss my friend. I think we will eventually become the group we used to be, but it's going to take time for the friendship to mend.

"If you say so!" Becca giggles, glancing at the mirror one final time.

Kiarra wraps her slim arm around my shoulders as she squeezes.

"You look good, girl," she murmurs.

"You too," I reply with a smile.

"Let's make tonight our bitch!" she squeals.

I follow her out of my room, Becca's shoulder bumping into mine.

Kiarra walks down my stairs first. I peek around the corner, to see Jai standing there, a warm smile flooding his face as he watches her descend towards him. He holds out his arm, which she takes. He kisses her on the cheek.