Chapter Thirty Six

--------------------

Dedication: SlightlyDelusional for being one of the most loyal and amazing supporters of mine. No doubt, whenever I update this story, you're there praising and encouraging me. Thank you so much for voting, commenting and being awesome. I love that you're kind, funny, relatable and Australian! Your support means a lot to me. Thank you <3

Recap:

He pushes his hand through his hair as he gives me a smile.

"Any friend of the Collins', is a friend of mine. And as friends, we stand up for each other. Even if it is to other friends," he tells me firmly. "No one is going to get belittled under my watch."

He holds his hand out and I shake it firmly.

"Just don't let me down," he says quietly, meeting my eyes. "Otherwise there's nothing I can do to help you."

"I won't," I reply instantly, my face serious. "I promise."

---------------------

"You're an idiot."

"I think you mean charming?"

"No, I mean idiot," I huff as I grit my teeth together, pulling Finn from out of the passenger seat of my car.

"I've gone from practice and working out almost every day, to nothing. I need this," he whines to me and pouts, making my glare soften.

"Yeah, I know," I reply quietly as I loop my hand around his waist, to make sure he doesn't fall, while I fling the door shut with my other. I swiftly press the button on my keys and hear the distinct click as the doors lock.

He pushes off from the car and straightens. I pass him one crutch, and then the other. He settles his arms over them and wriggles for a moment, before getting comfortable.

"Ready?" I ask.

"Yep."

I walk slowly beside him as he hobbles towards the entrance of the gym. I feel really stupid bringing my brother, with a broken leg, to the gym, but he insists. As I hold the door open for him, the bell above us chimes, letting the staff know someone has entered.

"Finn Collins, you crazy mother fucker," I hear a deep voice say and I glance over to where Dave, one of the personal trainers, is stood. He is a tall, broad-shouldered man with thick arms and a deep voice. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"My legs might be out of action, but I can still do arm day," he laughs, even though you can see the strain on his face from using the crutches and dragging his heavily cast-clad leg.

"Touche, my brother," Dave says to him with a grin. "When you're back in action, give me a holler. I'll give you a freebie."

"Legend," Finn nods to him.

"Don't be too hard on him," he winks to me, before he saunters off in the opposite direction we're heading.

"Did he just wink at you?" Finn laughs. "He's old enough to be our dad."

"I know," I laugh as well, heading over to the counter. "Hey Skye."

"Hey girl," Skye replies as she holds her hand out.

I drop both mine and Finn's gym passes into her palm. She swipes them into the card processor. I take a moment to drag my eyes across her brightly coloured tattoos, briefly wondering what I would look like with them, not that I ever would.

"How're you doing, Finn?" she asks him with a sly grin, looking over the counter at his cast.

"Fantastic, thanks for asking," Finn sarcastically replies.