Chapter Fifteen

Make sure you have read chapter 14! It posted before the CAST.

-------------------

Dedication: Myawkwardcomment for being awesome. Thanks for voting and commenting! I really appreciate it :-)

Recap:

I jostle him, trying to get him to rouse. I hear Alec move to sitting position.

"Damn." he sighs, meeting my eye. "You know what we have to do, right?"

"What?" I ask nervously.

"We need to call Finn."

-----------------

"What about an ambulance?" I cry out frantically.

"Invite them to a party, where 70% of the kids are underage?" Alec points out, already dialling Finn's number. "Besides, he's already been seen paramedics, he just passed out because he drank too much, under the influence of pain killers. I need help carrying him."

"Alec, we can sort this out ourselves. We just need to get him inside," I insist, wanting nothing more than to leave Finn out of this.

"Hey man, what's up?" I hear Finn's voice as Alec has his iPhone in his hand, Finn on speaker.

"Don't," I mouth, my eyes pleading.

Alec returns my stare, a blank expression on his face. "We need you here, man. It's Jai."

I shake my head at Alec in disappointment, getting to my feet. Jai's face seemed peaceful as he lays there on the cold grass. I turn my back to Alec and walk into the party, attempting to find Samara.

Ignoring the stares and a few fox whistles, I push past people. A warm hand encloses around my wrist. I turn and let out a startled gasp as Bentley stares at me, mere inches from my face.

"Quite the performance from you and Samara," he smirks, brushing back his dark hair. "I knew you had it in you."

I pull my wrist from his grip, letting my arm fall limply to my side, feeling myself sober up slightly.

"Yeah," I reply bluntly, before continuing to walk.

"Is," he says, grabbing me again. "Come dance with me."

I shrug him off, ignoring his request as I continue the search for my flaming-haired best friend.

I eventually find her, pressed against the wall, her tongue jammed down the throat of Benji, one of the footballers.

Letting out a sigh, I fold my arms across my chest as I debate whether to disturb her or not. Deciding on the latter, I turn and make my way back outside. I find Alec and Jai in their same positions, however, Jai's eyes are open now.

"Welcome back," I say to him with a small smile.

Alec reaches out for me and I side-step him, getting to my knees beside Jai.

"I am in a lot of pain," he mumbles, looking confused.

"I know," I agree, patting his good shoulder.

"Where did you go?" he questions quietly.

"I was trying to find Samara."

"Didn't find her?"

I chew my lip. "She was busy."

"Was she?" he asks calmly, intentionally keeping his face blank. "Who was she with?"

"Jai," I whisper, rubbing his arm, not wanting to say.

"Tell me."

"Benji." I reluctantly say, after a few moments.