Chapter 10

Bilbo

Chapter 10

The next morning Legolas came into my room to wake me. It was early the sun hadn't risen yet. He quickly helped me pack all my belongings into a bag.

When finished Legolas gave me his hand and we walked out of the room. We made our way down to the courtyard we're all the dwarves and Gandalf for waiting.

I noticed Lord Elrond in Lady Galadriel standing near our horses or ponies for the dwarves. "Well this is goodbye for now my Lord Elrond." Gandalf said.

"for now with Mithrandir" Lord Elrond replied. Gandalf then bowed to Lady Galadriel before mounting his horse. I Let Go of Legolas's hand and ran over to the Lord Elrond once standing next to him I looked up. "G..goodb..goodbye Lord Elrond sir I'm g..oing to miss you so m..uch, but I'll come and v..isit I promise." I smiled up at him.

He looked down at me and then knelt to my level. "I will miss you Daeran" "I wi..ll miss you t..oo" Once done saying my goodbyes to Lord Elrond I made my way over to Lady Galadriel "Good..bye ma'am" She smiled at me

"Good bye Daeran, may you have safe travels." I nodded my head and turned back to legolas.

What's next to him legolas grabbed me under my arms and lifted me onto a white horse he then got on behind me and wrapped one arm around my waist the other holding the reins.

The dwarves had already mounted the ponies and we made our way out of Rivendell. I had never ridden a horse before the experience was nothing I could have ever imagined.

The way the wind would run through my hair and across my face I bet this is what it would be like to fly.

Gandalf stayed in the front leading the way most of the time, even though Legolas knew the way himself he thought it would be best to stay near the back he knew the dwarves would trust Gandalf more than himself.

Most of the time while riding I would watch the scenery go by I loved watching the fields the tree is the mountains everything had an astounding Beauty to it. Around what I guess would be lunch time we stopped and dismounted are horses.

The others seem to get down without much hassle Legolas got down first then helped me get off. Once my feet touch the ground I staggered and fell immediately Legolas was there to help me up "why do my legs hurt so badly."

I would assume you have never been a horse before, the first time can hurt your legs but you eventually get used to it." Legolas said.

"Daeran come here" Killi said. I made my way over to him wondering what he wanted. "Daeran, this is Bilbo" Killi indicated a small man he sort of looked like a dwarf and a human had a baby and this was the result. I didn't mean to stare, but I couldn't help it. Bilbo must have noticed "what is it?"

"What are you?" The man gave a surprised look, like I should know what he is. "I am a Hobbit" "Wa that" I could hear snickering and laughing in the background, but I was honestly curious. "He's just a small man, lady." I heard behind me.

The 'small' man as he put it looked offended. "Excuse me, but you could say the same thing about yourself." There was just more laughing. "Why are you h..ere" I asked "Do you travel to Mirk..W..ood too." The man gave a smile.

"Yes" was all the man said. "You ever heard of a burglar laddy." It sounded familiar "They steal things." "Yes that's right, he's here to help us get something back that was stolen." well that was nice of him.

As the dwarves started getting a few things to eat I made my way back over to the horse Legolas and I rode. Legolas was taking some bread out of the saddlebag and handed it to me. I thanked him as we made our way to the others.

"We will only be resting for a few minutes so get whatever you need done, done" Thorin said. Some of the dwarves went to give the Horses water while others sat down on the ground smoking from long pipes.

After a few minutes Thorin was telling us to get back on our horses. I quickly shoved the last of the bread into my mouth as I looked for the white horse. When I couldn't find it I started running around desperately trying to find it.

I was so focused on what I was doing I didn't notice the ponnie hoof above me until it was coming down. I let out a blood curling scream, but just as the hoof was about to hit me something blocked it.

The ponies hoof suddenly bounced back as if there was an invisible force blocking it. I curled up into myself on the ground to scared to move. I could hear yelling and shouting, but my mind was running so fast I couldn't make anything out.

"Little one, Little one." I then heard I looked up and saw Legolas, Gandalf, the dwarves and Bilbo all standing around me, but none would come closer. "Daeran you need to let us in." What were they talking about, I didn't understand.

I could feel tears in my eyes as I started to cry. What were they talking about. "Daeran you have put up some sort of shield around you, you need to relax." Gandalf said.

I did as he told me and tried to relax, however memories of my childhood of being beaten and hit were all coming back to me. The memories were probably being triggered from what just happened.

"Little one, no one is going to hurt you you're safe." I heard Legolas say. I looked over to him and saw him kneeling on the ground a few feet away. "Legolas I'm scared."

"I know, but you're going to be ok, just relax so I can come and get you." I scooted closer to where Legolas was taking deep calming breathes. Once I had calmed down enough I felt a slight tug in my chest, the Legolas was reaching towards me wrapping me in his arms as he picked me up. "You'll be ok" He whispered to me.

With those words he made his way to our white horse and mounted along with everyone else.

He kept he arm around me while I buried my face in his neck as we continued our journey.