Chapter 14

Radagast

Daeran POV

Alma was really nice, like Legolas she had a nice smile. I hope I could spend more time with her. So far I had met Camus, Seiveil and Kenia.

Camus and Seiveil both worked ironwork making weapons like swords and daggers. When meeting them I couldn't help but stare at all the swords that lined the walls.

I had learned there were more elves who worked here, but most were elsewhere and that most elves could make their own weapons.

 They had offered me to come visit and learn a thing a two. It sounded like a lot of fun and I had agreed. I then met Kenia in one of the halls. Legolas had said she mainly worked with horses and other animals.

She made saddles and other horse equipment. "Do you know how to ride a horse?" She had asked, when I replied no she had immediately offered to teach me.

"It seems as though you will be quite busy Daeran." I smiled, I couldn't wait. "What do you do?" I asked Legolas "I am a warrior, If something were to happen I would be one of the first one's to investigate and fight against any threat."

"Wow, can you teach me how to fight." Legolas stopped walking and knelt in front of me. "Daeran do you remember what happened with the pony a few days into our journey with the dwarves?" I nodded my head, "I remembered it was scary." Legolas nodded his head "yes it was scary.

Now do you remember how we couldn't get to you" I nodded my head again wondering what he was talking about. "You have magic Daeran and we need to help you learn how to use it."

I was shocked magic wasn't real. "I don't understand." "we couldn't get to you because of the a shield you were using to keep yourself safe." I guess that sort of made sense.

"Gandalf was going to start teaching you, however due to the ocrs he wasn't able to. We are going to have to find you a teacher." "who" I asked "I'm not sure, but ada and I are figuring it out."

Legolas stood back up and took my hand. We were about to start walking again when a red haired elf came running over.

"Sir, there have been spider sightings nearby, you are to report immediately." I could feel Legolas's hand tighten a little. "I'll be right there" With that the woman left. "What's wrong?"

"I must go, I want you to go back to your room and wait for me there." With that Legolas let go of my hand and pushed me in the direction of my room.

I looked behind me and watched as Legolas and he red head ran to weapon room.

I wanted to listen to Legolas and go to my room however I didn't want to be alone. I made my way to where I believe I remembered the kitchen was.

As I made my way towards the kitchen I used this time to really admire Mirkwood even more. I loved the way the light the made everything sort of glow.

As I walked down the hall I didn't notice Thranduil watching me. "Are you lost" I jumped not expecting anyone. "I um want to see Alma" I said "well I guess you should start in the right direction." He gave me his hand and I took it. "Are you enjoying your stay so far?" He asked me. "I like it, everything is so beautiful" I smiled. Once we had arrived at the kitchen Thranduil let go of my hand and left.

I knocked on the door, hoping I wasn't bothering anyone. I heard footsteps then the door opened

"Daeran, what a wonderful surprise" Alma exclaimed. "It's nice to see you too." She smiled brightly. "Would you like to help me?" she asked. I had cooked for the Dursley's so I sort of knew what I was doing. "What are you making?"