Chapter 13

Thranduil

Daeran Pov

I was sad to see the dwarves leave. I had really enjoyed spending time with them even if it was only for a little while. I looked up to Legolas's father he looked almost exactly like Legolas himself.

 "So this is the little elfling I have heard so much about" I couldn't help but blush at the complement. I don't say anything in return however, I probably would have if it were Lord Elrond, but this man was a little scary.

 I hid behind Legolas's leg out of instinct. I didn't know why I was hiding, I had just spoken up to that man and now I couldn't even look at him.

"It's ok little one, no one will hurt you." The man what was his name again smiled at me and it reminded me a lot of Legolas's. "Legolas is correct, no one will hurt you. I'm sure you are tired from your journey, we have a room set up for you that you will be staying in.

"Ok" was my only response. "You will be able to meet many nice and wonderful people here." Legolas said as he took my hand in his and lead me up some stairs. He then lead me to some doors and opened them revealing a lavish room.

This was mine, it was much nicer than the one in Rivendell. I let go of Legolas and wandered around the room. The bed in the center of the room was huge I don't know how they expected me to get up there.

There was a dresser to the right of the bed, I don't know what it was made of but it was absolutely beautiful. There was a door that lead to bathroom. When I walked in I was amazed to find a grand looking tub in the center of the room.

When I was done exploring the room I walked back to where Legolas was sitting on my bed. He had been watching as I looked around. I went to him and lifted my arms towards him. He bent down and lifted me into his lap.

"What's wrong little one?" he asked me. "T...This is really all mine?"

 "Yes little one it is"

"What about you?" He gave me a curious glance. "What about me?" I blushed a deep red, but didn't say anything. "Come on Daeran I can't answer your questions if you don't ask.

"You, you're staying too?"

"Oh no little one I have my own room"

"But I want to stay with you"

I could tell he wanted to say something but didn't.

"Please I sleep better with you here." I looked at him with wide eyes, tears starting to form. He didn't say anything just brought me to his chest laying back against the pillows.

 I layed my head on his chest and closed my eyes letting out a content sigh. I could feel him run his hand up and down my back, that seemed to calm me a lot. Soon my eyes started to get heavy and soon I was asleep.

Legolas POV

Daeran was asleep in my arms, so I gently placed him in his bed covering him with the blanket. I placed a kiss on his head before making my way to the throne room. Once there I faced my ada. "The child" Thranduil started "You are very close with him?" I nodded my head not speaking.

"And a potential mate in the future?" I nodded my head "Yes ada, when he is older I think about pursuing him. For now though I will give him the childhood he never had and would hope you would help." Ada faced me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

 "Of course I will, everyone here will. I want him to be happy just as much as you." "Thank you ada. There is one more thing though." ada looked to me "What is it?" "Daeran has magic" Ada's face didn't change, but I could see his eyes widen slightly.

"Gandalf wasn't able to teach him anything like we planned. With the orcs on our tale. Ada we must help him with this." My ada nodded his head "And we will, but that can be brought up in more detail tomorrow. For now tell me what you know."

I spent the next several minutes telling ada what I knew of the child in more detail than what my letters could say. "Thank you Legolas, please get some rest if you can" I nodded and made my way back towards Daeran's room.

He was still fast asleep. I made my way to the bed and got under the covers I wrapped my arms around his small waist and promptly fell asleep.

The next morning I was up bright and early, daeran still asleep. I got up and made my way towards the kitchens. "Good morning Legolas, how was your stay in Rivendell?" Alma the kitchen aid asked me. I smiled at her.

"It was nice, I enjoyed my stay." She smiled, that's good to hear. Is there anything you need?" "Yes some food would be nice it's for Daeran." "Oh, the elfling he is here?" "yes Alma he is here, that's why i'm here to get him some food." "Oh, okay" She quickly put together a salad with some bread on the side.

 "Here you are and I would be happy if you brought him down so I could meet him." I smiled at her "Of course I'm sure he'd love that." I exited the kitchen and walked towards Daeran's room. Once there I walked over to the bed and placed the food on the bedside table.

 I looked at Daeran he looked peaceful when he was asleep. I gently moved some hair away from his face and placed it behind his ear. "Daeran it's time to wake up." He moved closer to my hand and slowly opened his eyes. Green eyes looked up at me tiredly.

 "Come, you must eat" I reached over for the food and handed it to him. He sat up and took the fork I handed to him and started to eat. "Would you like to meet some people today?" I asked "Um, sure" 

When Daeran was done eating I helped him change into some more appropriate clothes. I then took his hand and led him towards the kitchen. "Who are we meeting?" He asked squeezing my hand a little tighter. The kitchen aid Alma she can't wait to meet you. Daeran smiled "Really"

"Really"

We hadn't taken one step into the kitchen before a brunette she elf ran towards us. She bent down and smiled at Daeran. "Hello little, I have heard so much about you." Daeran blushed "I h..hope nothing bad."

 "Oh no darling nothing but good things." Daeran smiled at her "Your name Alma?" Alma smiled widely "yes that is my name and what of yours?"

"Daeran"

"What a lovely name Daeran."

"Thank you yours is pretty" Alma gave a big smile then stood up. "Legolas thank you so much for bringing him" I nodded to her, taking Daeran's hand and leading him out the room.