Car Chats

Riley's POV

Flashback: 9 months ago

I entered the car. It was really chilly outside. March wasn't a really warm month, but today was probably one of the coldest days.

I closed the door behind me and looked at him.

"Do you want to talk about it?", I asked him. He was looking to the front as if the trees, that were in front of the parking car were showing of a dance.

"Not really", he replied.
"Okay", I said.

I leaned against the car seat waiting for him to start talking.

"I never really argued with her", he confessed.
"I know".

"She is right, it's my fault. I should have gone after him and told him what he was doing and what that was doing to our family.

I should have begged him to come back to help us, but no I was too proud to do that. And if something happens like it already did every so often, it's my fault", he said.

"No, it's definitely not your fault. It's nobody's fault. People change, and we can't stop people from doing that", I told him looking at him.
Tears ran down his cheeks.
"Yeah right", he said ironically.

"Ash, even if you followed him and begged him to come back, he wouldn't have come back or if he did he would be unhappy. He would have treated you differently and nothing would turn out better, it would all just get worse. You don't need that negativity here right now, okay. I'm here for you and I know that you're strong enough to keep this family", I told him, and he nodded. Giving me a hug.

You are probably all very much confused, sorry. What do you think about this chapter it's kind of strange right? I mean first the flashback is about Ash asking Riley to come to his house have diiner with his family, but if you look at this flashback, do you think that they are about the same day? Hmm, who knows( well I know, but I obviously I won't tell you guys).
I want to hear your thoughts about this little chapter. Hope you enjoyed❤