Fresh Start

Riley's POV

"Hi".
"Hi", he said putting his arms around me.
"How was your day?", he asked lightly pressing his forehead against mine.
"Alright, I guess".
"I missed you", he whispered looking into my eyes. "I was only gone for an hour". I chuckled. "I know and it was the longest hour of my life". He kissed me.

"James?". "Mmh?", he asked totally ignoring me only focusing on my lips.
"I want to start dancing again. I miss it.". 
"That's great", he said finally taking his eyes of my lips. "But I want to dance in a different studio". "Why?", he asked brushing my cheek with his thumb. "I want a fresh start, somewhere, where I don't have to always think about all the bad things that occurred to me".

"But there were some good things too", he reminded me. "I know, but like I said, I need a fresh start and The Next Step was the studio where I danced from the beginning, I feel like a new studio would help me improve my dancing". He sighed and took his hand from my cheek.

"Are you mad?", I asked biting my bottom lip. "No, no Riley not at all. I am just surprised. I am happy for you". A strange silence followed.

"Listen, I want you to be happy and sure now that I am back at The Next Step, I would prefer it to have you by my side, but I will survive it. I survived the two years that you spent in New York. It was hard, but I made it. And if I got through the two years you were not here. I will for sure manage some hours without you".

I smiled and pecked him on his lips. "I love you, you know that, right?", I asked him. "Yeah, I love you too".

A cute little chapter. Hope you guys enjoy it.