nine

song #9 - always: yoon mirae

march 1st, 2016, 1:38pm

jihoon smiled as he walked into the room. his eyes met a pair of blue ones, pale yet sparkling with a soft of hope and life. "minhyun?" he spoke softly and the boy smiled and nodded. "are you mr. park?" he asked politely and jihoon felt his heart warm.

"aish, you don't need to call me that, you can just call me jihoon," he took a seat next to minhyun, when his face fell. he noticed the number of tubes attached to his both arms and body. minhyun noticed this and shook his hand in front of jihoon. "it's alright, really," he smiled at jihoon,"don't worry about it, it dosen't hurt as much as you think. i'm pretty used to it as well." jihoon wished he could reach out and hug the young boy.

he took a seat next to the boy on the bed and placed his bag next to him. "so, what do you want to do today, minhyun? read a book, listen to some music, or we could-"

"maybe we can just talk?" he suggested bluntly and jihoon blinked in confusion. "t-talk? like j-just talk?" he stuttered with uncertainty. minhyun shrugged. "i don't know. like we both don't know each other that well, so why don't we just talk about each other's lives for today?" jihoon nodded and leaned forward to face minhyun. "do you want to start?" he offered and minhyun grinned.

"uh, as you can see, i am diagonsed with lukemia at the moment, i presently only have a few months to live, so i'm just trying to make the most of it, i guess. like i'm just trying my best to be positive and happy; and sometimes it's quite sad to see that i'm just a bubbly, bright boy; but in actual fact, i'm really sad and exhuasted and all. like they just don't see the pain i'm going through each day, i guess," he spoke in a hushed and gentle tone.

jihoon's heart went out immediately to him. he nodded sympathetically. "so what do you like to do? like your hobbies and all that?" minhyun laughed at jihoon's question. "jihoon hyung, i can't even do much in my state. but i used to like to sing and dance. i wanted to be an idol when i grew up, but i guess the dream's over now," he chuckled sadly and jihoon's heart began to ache.

"you're not a believer of miracles?"

"i am, but at this point of time is there even a miracle to believe in?"

"i'll believe in you, okay?"

"i mean you can try, but let me tell you, it won't be worth it," minhyun could only smile sadly. jihoon did not even know what he was doing, but his heart felt this sort of light ray shine through him and through minhyun which enabled him to feel this deep connection with the boy. "jihoon? can i ask you for a favour?" minhyun suddenly asked jihoon, and the older boy did not hesitate to agree.

"can you get me a glass of water? all this talking after so long has made me thirsty," he asked shyly and jihoon laughed. "yah! i thought it was serious or something, but i'll get it for you, don't worry," he stood up and walked out of minhyun's ward.

as he was searching for a water dispenser, he saw a girl heading in his direction, holding a piece of paper tightly in her hands. her eyes never left the ground, and as she passed by jihoon, jihoon felt the hair on his arms stand. he turned his head around to spot her direction. 

but she wasn't there. 

jihoon shook his head, was he hallucinating or something? he finally found the water dispenser and filled a cup of water for minhyun. as he was walking back, he kept his eyes peeled to spot the girl. but she was nowhere in sight. 

jihoon walked back inside minhyun's room and closed the door behind him. the first thing that met his eyes was minhyun curiously looking at a piece of folded paper, but not daring to open it. jihoon's heart skipped a beat as he remembered her. he gulped, "what are you looking at, buddy?" he tried to ask as calmly as possible. minhyun raised an eyebrow. 

"i'm not sure, but this girl came in just now while you were getting me water and passed me this note. she told me to pass it to you though," he handed it over to jihoon. jihoon's heart was literally beating so hard he felt it was about to come out of his chest. with shaky hands, he took the paper from minhyun and in return, passed him his glass of water. 

"hyung, are you alright? you look a little pale," minhyun asked in concern and only then jihoon realised he was sweating depsite being in an air-conditioned room. "i'm fine," he smiled reassuringly at minhyun but the younger boy wasn't convinced. "do you know who was the girl?" he asked timifly, clearly afraid of the response jihoon was going to give. jihoon shoook his head quickly, when an idea popped into his head. 

"minhyun, do you remember the girl's voice?" he asked and minhyun nodded. jihoon quickly took his phone out of his pocket and tried to find a video of doyeon. his breathing had began to become shaky, as he played the video to let minhyun listen. immediately, minhyun nodded his head furiously. 

"oh my goodness, it's definitely her," he gasped. jihoon felt his entire body lose strength. "wait here for awhile, alright buddy?" he gave a weak smile and hurriedly ran out of the door. he dialled jinyoung's number and his best friend immediately picked up. "jihoon-ah, what's up?" he chirped and jihoon tried to stiffle a sob. instantaneously sensing something was off, jinyoung began to worry. "yah, meet me at the park now," he instructed as jihoon covered his hand over his mouth to stop himself from crying.

the park was just next to the hospital and jinyoung's school, so both boys reached there as fast as they could. as jinyoung spotted jihoon, he called out to his best friend. but before he could say anything more, jihoon ran towards his best friend and threw his arms around him. he let the tears flow freely as he began to sob hysterically, but thankfully they were mostly muffled in jinyoung's shirt, which was now stained with jihoon's tears. 

"yah, what's wrong?" jinyoung stroked his friend's hair and jihoon could only muster the few words that translated into confusion, and so many more questions.

"jinyoung-ah, why is she still here? is she really dead?" 

-

 hey!! a longer chapter to make up for the late update because ahhh school :( and hmm i think my update schedule will be fixed to be on friday nights yah so wows mark your calendars i guess hahaha

ohmygoodness im really so tired i hate and 100 days to my national exams its truly the time to hajima and just a note in advance i wont be able to update from late july to mid august because i have my prelim exams and then from mid october to november 16th :-( im gna miss writing but these exams are super important and i actl cant screw them up so sighs

but on a brighter note, there are way too many daily wanna one updates like did i sign up for this torture the answer is no like i cant even post that much of them nOW BECUASE THER E IS JUST TOO MANY but ok since im guessing most of u here r jihoon biased bc its a jihoon fic (??) so look at this cutie being kind of- no, VERY disrespectful

GET YOUR HANDS OFF BOI

dedication: @whoopwhoopchewingjin your comments literally made me smile so much i highkey love u so much can i just hug u forever pls continue to do watchu do u make me super happy oK :")

have a great week ahead everyone!!! see yall next friday; yall know the drill by now- vote, comment and follow (:

stay smelly

love, twinkle.