eighteen

song #17: adore U - seventeen (vocal team ver.)

may 21st, 2016, 5:36pm

nina walked out of the hospital, squinting her eyes at the sudden glare of sunlight emitted from the setting sun. she digged out her phone from her pocket and dialled the number from memory; even through the sun's glare, she managed to type out the numbers.

"jihoon? are you coming?" she asked as she continued to turn right and left to chance upon her boyfriend's car. there was no reply on the other end. "jihoon, can you hear me?" she asked, only to get the same answer— silence.

suddenly, she felt a warm embrace hug her from behind. "was somebody calling me?" jihoon rested his head on nina's shoulder and kissed her cheek from behind lovingly. nina giggled as she turned around and hugged him back.

"you're really so cheesy, it disgusts me," she joked playfully and he scoffed. "that's what boyfriends are for, right?" he rolled his eyes and pecked her on the lips. "happy monthsary babe," he smiled against her lips, as she replied the same. "where are we going tonight?" she asked and he laughed.

"where else?"

"please don't tell me we're going to the—"

"—yes, we're going to the cafe again. oh yes, and before i forget," he handed her a bouquet of flowers, they were orchids— like the ones doyeon loved. nina smiled. "orchids, my favourite."

-

jihoon and nina walked hand-in-hand into the cafe, earning a whistle once again from seonho. "wow, would you look at that! they are together, y'all!" he called out to his fellow barista friends, earning loud cheers in response. the couple laughed as they made their way to their usual spot.

seonho came as if on cue, as he took their order. he passed a piece of paper to jihoon, earning himself a questioning look. "read it later, hyung," he smiled and jihoon nodded; with that, the younger took his leave.

jihoon stuffed the small piece of paper into his pocket and looked at his girlfriend, who seemed to be in clear distress while looking at her phone. her eyebrows were furrowed, a look she gave when she was clearly disturbed by something.

jihoon took her hand. "what's wrong?" he asked her, clearly concerned. nina quickly looked up and shook her head. "it's nothing, jihoon, don't worry," she smiled weakly and locked her phone, keeping it next to her.

they were served their drinks, and they were having a nice, hearty conversation. except for the fact that nina's phone kept buzzing, indicating a new text message. jihoon tried to steal glances at it, but nina would quickly defend herself, reassuring him that it was nothing at all. jihoon tried to ignore it, but it was getting onto his nerves very slowly.

suddenly, the phone rang. nina bit her lip fearfully as she reached out to it with trembling fingers. jihoon, however, grabbed it faster than she could, and quickly slid his finger across her phone. with a clearly pissed tone, he spoke first, "who's this?" nina clamped her hands together, mouthing the words, "don't say anything stupid." jihoon turned away from her gaze and listened to the reply.

"happy anniversary! is this jihoon on nina's phone?" it was that voice. his voice. the voice of the one who killed doyeon. jihoon immediately tensed. "what the fuck do you want now, you piece of—" laughter. that laughter that brought chills down one's spine. the laughter that spoke death.

"—jihoon, you never swear, don't you? so what's gotten into you now?" he sniggered and jihoon clenched his fists.

"stop calling her." was all he could say; he was reaching his breaking point.

"no, jihoon. you stop being with her. i've warned you so many damn times, haven't i? you're being a stubborn little boy, jihoon," he scoffed, before threatening, "if i see you both once again, she'll be mine. she'll end up like doyeon, you scumbag." and the line went dead.

jihoon banged the phone down. his eyes were red, and they began to get glassy because of how furious he was. nina immediately reached out for his hand and held it between both of hers. "jihoon, i know what's happening, okay?"

"why didn't you tell me?" was all he could ask with a shaky voice. nina's heart immediately softened for her boyfriend. she allowed a few seconds of silence to hang in between them, before continuing.

"i didn't want you to get scared," she sighed, "and i was scared— scared that i may lose you." jihoon looked at her. both of them were teary-eyed—from fear, love, and the fear of love. jihoon squeezed her hands tightly.

"i'll protect you, okay? don't worry," he promised. "no matter what happens, i'll protect you from whatever comes our way. take that as our first monthsary promise— from me to you."

"pinky promise?" she choked on her tears, and the both laughed at their little thing together.

the moment they interlocked pinkies, jihoon knew that he had to do all it takes to protect nina.

he wasn't going to let her be his next doyeon.

-

hi i just started a taeyong fic called deskmate it's flopping real bad pls save it tysm bc it's gna be good and if it flops it'll be a pity :( i love taeyong byE

yudududu im going to yell so lambskwer sent this gif to our gc and i fell and i have been quacking like an actual duck for the past 1 hour i can't function my vision is cleared my grades have improved my skin is well again i can die in peace now it is well with my soul

have a great week everybody! i hope you all die with me we're all in this together

stay smelly

love, twinkle.