nineteen

song #18: without you- nct u

may 21st, 2016, 10:34pm

"goodnight nina," jihoon pecked nina's cheek and she blushed like she did always. "call me once you're home, alright?" he instructed and nina chuckled. 

"jihoon, we are literally in front of my house. text me once you're home okay?" she returned the instruction and jihoon pouted before nodding his head. she got out of jihoon's car and waved at him, before unlocking her door and entering her home. once he was assured that nina was safe inside, jihoon drove out. 

as he was driving, he suddenly saw a dark figure running in front of him, in the middle of the road. jihoon sounded his horn, the noise blaring and the echo returning from the hollowness of the empty road. the man stopped at the sidewalk and jihoon wind down his car window. "yah! watch where you're going, we both could have gotten hurt!" he chided. the man was wearing black from head to toe, and his face was covered from the shadow from his black cap.

jihoon could see a slight smirk begin to stretch on the man as he looked ahead. and with that, he walked away, without any remorse shown. jihoon cursed under his breath before driving back home; his mind still hazy as to what he had just encountered.

-

may 21st, 2016, 11:10pm

jihoon sighed as he closed the door behind him. his parents were asleep by now, so the house hung a tangible silence, broken with every step jihoon took. he took out his shirt and threw it on the floor. he ruffled his hair and plopped himself onto his bed and closing his eyes after a long day. 

he took his phone and was about to send a text message to nina, when his phone buzzed continuously, indicating a call from the latter. he slid his finger and placed the phone onto his ear. "hey," his voice was groggy, clearly indicating that he was exhausted. 

"j-jihoon," nina whispered softly, her voice shaky. jihoon immediately opened his eyes. 

"jihoon, someone was k-knocking on my door, and when i checked, i-it was this guy... he was demanding for the door to be opened, a-and he said if i don't, he's going to break in and kill me," nina cried in fear. jihoon immediately sat up and threw on his shirt, as the first person came to his mind. the man in all black just now, jihoon remembered as he cursed out loud. 

"nina, just stay where you are, i'm coming there. go into your room and lock your door, i'm on my way," jihoon tried his best to sound brave, but inside his heart was beating so fast. he silently said a prayer for nina not to get hurt, as he dashed out  of his house.

he started his car and began to race on the highway. he dialled detective yoon's number and he picked up almost immediately. "hey jihoonie, what's up with you calling me at this hour, you—"

"—detective yoon," jihoon felt tears of relief and fear forming in his eyes, "can you send help to the address im going to send you now, it's nina's home. some guy is at her house, threatening to break in and murder her, and— oh my goodness, what do i do, detective yoon?" jihoon began to cry, and detective yoon tried to comfort him on the other line. 

"don't worry, jihoonie, i'll send backup there, okay? just be there quick and make sure she's safe," detective yoon instructed before hanging up. jihoon continued to cry, fearing the worst.

he didn't even bother locking his car when he arrived at nina's place, running out as fast as he could. he peeked from behind, seeing the man continuing to bang on nina's door, yelling for her to open. instinctively, jihoon bellowed at him, "yah!" immediately, the man turned back, shock written on his face as his eye's met jihoon's. jihoon returned a similar expression, but for a different reason— it was the man from earlier. 

with his blood boiling and fists clenched, jihoon charged towards the man, who fumbled with his pocket and fishing out a small penknife, its sharp edge gleaming in the moonlight. 

as jihoon approached him, he slashed jihoon's shoulder, earning a loud yell of pain as jihoon griped onto his shoulder where the wound lay. taking this as an opportunity, the man quickly dropped the blade and ran off, disappearing into the dark night.

jihoon's eyes began to turn bloodshot as he fell onto his knees. with the final ounces of his strength, he croaked a weak, "nina," as he knocked the door before him. 

the last thing he could remember was nina opening the door, gasping and scooping him into her arms, before blacking out.

-

HNNNgh it aint a good idea to write this at 1:15am right now i'm scared to sleep oh man but it cool bc that gif of jihoon just made me hella SOFT 

but hey thanks for tolerating the fact that i didnt update ystd even though it was friday! believe me i really wanted to, but i was literally dead this entire WEEK no joke i was in school from 7am-7pm wow hear my yells imagine being in school when the sun rises and when the sun sets..... EXACTLY.

pls dont hate me if i happen to update on saturdays instead now if im rly shagged by friday because OHMAN the o level study life is actl spelled as d e a t h.

either way, i hope everyone has a great week ahead!

love, twinkle.