twenty one

song #21: light in the hallway- pentatonix

may 30th, 2016, 2:10pm

"yup that's it for today! you take care now, alright jihoonie?" detective yoon clapped his hands together and jihoon smiled thankfully. they had just went through the incidents about what had happened five days ago, and the evidence so far from witnesses were encouraging. 

there were only a few people in the room apart from him and detective yoon, and they had their earphones plugged in as they were taking a nap. jihoon waved a final goodbye at detective yoon, before leaving the room quietly, ensuring that he did not wake anybody up in the process.

as he walked to the carpark, he was looking down at his handphone and clearing his inbox. he suddenly felt someone bump into him quickly, and he fell onto the floor. "what the fu—" as he got up, he saw seonho looking at him in shock. "oh, hyung!" he smiled as he helped jihoon get up. "i'm so sorry, hyung, i didn't see you—"

"—ah, it's alright, seonho-ah. what brings you here?" jihoon's heart warmed as he saw his favourite barista once again. seonho's face fell suddenly. "oh, hyung, that day, i was in the hospital, and there was this man who barged in into some patient's room, and they were making a huge ruckus. and when my father came in—" tears of sadness began to form in the younger boy's eyes.

"—he killed him, hyung!" the younger boy choked on his tears softly.

jihoon's eyes widened. "s-seonho-ah," he wrapped him in a hug, "that patient was me. was your father the doctor?" seonho nodded and sobbed on jihoon's shoulder. jihoon felt his heart go out to the younger boy for struggling with a huge loss in his life, so suddenly for the matter.

"you go and do what you need to do, okay? you take care yah," jihoon wiped seonho's tears with his thumb and he nodded in reply. 

"thanks, hyung. see you soon," seonho smiled sadly before walking away. jihoon's eyes followed the poor, pitiable boy, as he slowly faded into the light in the hallway.

-

may 30th, 2016, 7:25pm

"this movie sucks," jinyoung rolled his eyes and jihoon slapped him on the chest. "shut up, it isn't. this is supposed to be the climax now, you brat—" jinyoung threw his bowl of popcorn at jihoon. jihoon turned to him in annoyance and threw his packet of nacho chips at the younger boy.

in the midst of their food fight, they heard somebody open their door. "guys, i brought—what the hell?" nina raised an eyebrow at the mess the both boys had made, and the pair stared at each other before pointing at one another accusingly.

nina rolled her eyes in irritation, demanding them to clean up later. "jihoon, i don't know why your mail got dropped at my place," she stared at the envelope. jihoon jumped from the sofa and plucked the envelope from her hands. he opened up the envelope, to find a small thumbdrive. he looked at it in confusion. "what's this?" 

nina and jinyoung followed suit. "let's get a computer," jinyoung suggested, and nina agreed. she ran into her room and grabbed her laptop, bringing it out to the living room. all three sat on the sofa as nina plugged the drive into her device. 

there was only one video in the drive's folder, and it was titled FOR JIHOON. jihoon found himself beginning to sweat. "dude, i'm scared," he confessed and jinyoung placed an encouraging arm around jihoon's shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "should i hit play?" nina asked and jihoon nodded slowly. nina slowly double clicked as the trio squeezed together to watch the video.

it was a dark room, with only a dim light illuminating from the top of the ceiling. there was a chair in the middle, with a girl.

her head hung low, as her arms were tied up. and for a moment, a small sob could be heard. 

at the back, a sinister laugh could be heard, echoing against the four walls surrounding the vulnerable girl. a gunshot resounded, blowing off the only light source in the room. 

then, the lights switched on. a closer view of the girl was seen. her head was still hung low, as she refused to make eye contact with the camera.

"show your face now, and say your final words," the voice said. it was his voice.

"jihoon," the girl sniffed, finally looking up. her face was covered with tears, as they began to continue to roll down her once, flawless skin; now covered with makeup to cover up the bruises, but failed to an extent.

"i'm going to miss you," she sobbed and she managed a final smile, "but always remember, i love you." and then it was black.

-

ohno doyeon ): and i promise this was like 1000 words at first then i realised this whole chunk didnt even make sense so i deleted it dont delete me pls

and also! im so so sorry this may be the second last/ last update until like what?? mid november?? because i have national exams rlyrlyrly soon and i rlyrlyrly needa stuff and i rlyrlyrly cant find to update no joke i hope yall understand :"(

stay smelly

love, twinkle.