epilogue

song #26: its you- henry

june 1st, 2021, 3:38pm

"dad! look at jinyoung, he took my gummy bears again!" doyeon pouted and jihoon patted her head lovingly. "it's okay, baby, you're the best sister ever right? i promise you, dad will buy you another packet later for being such a sweet sister, okay?" he compromised and immediately, the four-year-old's face lit up. her eyes sparkled at the thought of her favourite snack.

the sparkle in her eyes— it was no different than the doyeon jihoon loved with all his heart. 

"jihoon, look! little jinyoung is at it again— he's trying to chew the wedding ring!" nina chuckled from the passenger seat while cradling a fascinated jinyoung in her arms. jihoon smiled adoringly as he recalled the time when he gave nina the wedding ring— "he knows."

he fondly recollected the time when he vowed that he would never give the ring to any other girl, except for doyeon. but throughout the year, jihoon realised that at the end of it all, most vows made are meant to be broken. he found love in nina's eyes, and knew deep inside of his heart that she was the one meant for him. 

as the family of four exited their car, doyeon held the large bouquets of flowers. jinyoung, clearly excited by the colourful flowers, reached out his hands to his big sister. doyeon smiled and plucked out a handful of orchids and passed it to jinyoung. "it's aunt doyeon's favourite," she told him and jinyoung cooed in response. he smelled the flowers and sneezed as the scent tickled his nostrils. jihoon laughed heartily and scooped jinyoung in his arms and planted a kiss on his cheek.

the family arrived at the tombs, where doyeon's and jinyoung's lay next to each other. today marked five years since jihoon had lost his best friend physically, but the beginning of a spiritual friendship that began to grow. jihoon knelt before the two most important people in his life as he allowed himself to shed a tear. it was no longer tears of sadness or pain anymore, it was relief— reassurance that he was being watched over lovingly and he was loved, by doyeon and jinyoung.

nina and their two children knelt down with him and doyeon placed the flowers on jinyoung's and doyeon's tomb. "dad?" doyeon called jihoon and jihoon turned to face his daughter. "doyeon and i are named after them because you believe that we are them, right?" only then, did jihoon notice the features of his two children, how they held so much similarity to jinyoung and doyeon respectively. they were not as sharp, but enough for jihoon to love them more at that point of time. 

he hugged his two children and kissed both their heads lovingly. "that's right, because of you both, i don't need to worry about missing them anymore." 

"so you don't miss them?" jinyoung asked innocently and jihoon chuckled.

"i miss them, but because of you both, i love them so much more that i forget about the missing part." this time, it was nina's turn to laugh softly as she rested her head on jihoon's shoulder.

"something like you miss them, and love them?" jihoon nodded as he looked at jinyoung's and doyeon's smiling faces, looking fresh as they would ever.

"i miss you," he whispered, knowing that they could hear him from above, "i love you."

the end.

-

GUESS who's crying! okay holup saving all the tears for the author's note :" ) but for now, all i have to say thank you thANK YOU THANK YOU for reading i miss you, i love you!

stay smelly (for one last time :( )

love, twinkle.