twenty three

song #23: beautiful (두드리는): baekhyun

may 31st, 2016, 6:55pm

jihoon stared into the space calling out to him. he glanced over to the picture of doyeon and him on his nightstand. he slowly trailed his fingers on doyeon's sharp features; from her hair down to her nose, and lips. he sighed as he turned to the other side, to be met with a recent picture of him and nina. 

it was just like doyeon and his picture— the same smile, the same happiness pictured.

"jihoon?" his thoughts were interrupted with jinyoung at his door. he grumbled instinctively and put his covers over him. he was in no mood for a long talk from his younger yet obviously wiser best friend. jinyoung rolled his eyes and jumped on top of jihoon.

"yah!" jihoon yelled and tried to throw jinyoung off him. jinyoung challenged him. "show me your face or else i'll kiss you and never get off you," he teased and jihoon immediately pulled down his covers. jinyoung laughed and got off him and made himself uncomfortable.

"she hasn't called me for the whole day— she didn't even bother ringing me during her lunch break! does she want to watch where these fists are about to fly or something—"

"—didn't you hear what she said yesterday? you said you did," jinyoung asked and jihoon realised what he had just said was true. 

nina was hurt— by him.

"dude, i need to call her and fix this," jihoon got out of his bed and threw a random shirt over this bare body. jinyoung got out as well. "yeah, you better."

-

"why are there so many police cars here? now i can't park," jihoon cursed as the sight of many police cars filling up the hospital parking lots and lining outside the hospital. 

"maybe somebody stole some sacred medicine," jinyoung joked and jihoon stared at him, at a loss of words. "can you park first while i look for nina? she isn't picking up," jihoon instructed, concern thickening his voice. jinyoung nodded slowly and jihoon scrambled out the car.

he ran into the familiar smell of medication wavering into his nostrils. he looked around him— there were many officers questioning doctors and nurses. was there a major accident that happened without his knowledge?

suddenly, he found one of the receptionists point in his direction. "that's him," he could make out what she was mouthing. he raised a brow as the officer let out a sigh and walk towards him. he walked towards a rooted jihoon— what could he possibly ask him? 

"mr park?" the police officer questioned and jihoon found himself gulping. "um, yes, that's me. is there something wrong?" he found himself choking on each word. the officer put down his clipboard and looked jihoon in the eye. "mr park, would you follow me to the station, please—"

jihoon was about to protest, when he found an arm hold his shoulder. "—i don't think he would need to. he'll be the last person who you'll need to question." a stern voice could be heard from behind.

jihoon turned around to face a side of detective yoon that he never saw before. he had a stern look, the one that showed he cared for jihoon— who was beyond confused at that moment. the officer walked away from them without a word, clearly annoyed.

"detective yoon? what are you doing—" jihoon could not finish his sentence.

"—jihoon, come here. i need to tell you something," detective yoon gripped jihoon's arm and pulled him to a corner, away from the crowd. 

"it's nina," detective yoon breathed and ran a frustrated hand across his hair and sighed. he could not find a way to string his words together. jihoon was left in tension.

"what's wrong, detective yoon? what happened to nina? is she okay?" jihoon bombarded the poor man in front of him and detective yoon found it even more difficult to tell jihoon the truth.

"the man behind doyeon's death," detective yoon gritted his teeth and blurted out softly, only for jihoon to hear. but to jihoon, that sentence— it could be the only thing that could be heard in the room. all the commotions and whispers, all hushed with detective yoon's one sentence.

"that bastard— he's got nina."

-

does someone want to fight NO NINA nOOOO (irhea is probably yelling in happiness though) (maybe she the killer ooooh)

but here is my birthday update because your now 16 year old feels really happy and so i updated this for you guys!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY me lol

see you guys on 17 november i guess, till then, don't forget this book ya!! & TYSM for 10K!!! GAH im crying i never thought this would actually happen :') i love yall

stay smelly

love, twinkle.