twenty four

song #24: soldier- taemin

june 1st, 2016, 2:45am

jihoon tossed and turned in annoyance. the only person on his mind at this point of time was nina. jihoon felt hot tears well up in his eyes. "where are you, nina?" he whimpered softly to himself and let the tears roll down his soft, pale cheeks.

he felt the soft vibration of his phone buzz next to him. thinking it was jinyoung checking on him, jihoon answered the phone, eyes still closed.

"jinyoung-ah, i'm fine, can you stop calling me at this hour—"

"—j-jinyoung?" the laughter, on the other end. the cold laughter— the one, the one that brings chills down your spine. jihoon opens his eyes and sits up. he gritted his teeth and and snarls in between his words.

"where is she?"

a scoff could be heard on the other end of the line. "i'll send you an address, okay, baby jihoon? then it'll just be like a fairytale— you can come to the rescue and save your beloved princess, provided you can even do that, at least!" he mocked and jihoon clenched his fists so hard they were turning white. he slammed the end call button and rang jinyoung.

"jinyoung? come over now, please. we're going to save nina now."

-

june 1st, 2016, 3:09am

"jihoon, please wait for me outside— don't even think of going in all by yourself. we don't know what he has up his sleeves— it's better not to take risks, right?" detective yoon warned and jihoon hummed in reply, despite it being so tempting. 

his mind was only a repeating ritual of the same name— nina.

the silence between jihoon and jinyoung thickened. "you think she's okay?" jinyoung whispered and jihoon scoffed. "i'm so scared, jinyoung," he confessed while playing with his fingers— the ones that longed for nina's touch again. 

buzz. jihoon struggled to hold his phone properly because of his sweaty palms. he answered immediately and fear coated his voice. "h-hello?" 

"where are you? you only have a few minutes, baby jihoon. after that, she's all mine."

jihoon threw his phone against the car window, leaving a visible crack on both surfaces. he scrambled out of his carseat, a protesting jinyoung next to him. "yah, jihoon! what the hell do you think you're doing?" jinyoung followed a storming jihoon through the dark alley.

at the end of the dark, eerie alley, was a warehouse that stood isolated on its own. "it's this place," jihoon muttered and jinyoung held his wrist. "jihoon, if you're going there, i'm coming, okay?" he reassured and jihoon flashed a grateful, final smile and walked towards the door. he slid it with all the strength he could muster. 

from the distance, he could see a small frame sat on a chair. her head was hung low, and her arms and legs were tied behind her. jihoon felt his eyes mist. "n-nina?" he called out softly, but his voice echoed through all the walls surrounding them.

she looked up and face jihoon. her mouth was tied up as well, but the sob that escaped from her lips at that moment was enough for jihoon to go weak in his knees. it held so much pain and longing— it ached jihoon to his toes the state his girlfriend was in.

"oh, jihoon, i've seen you've made your grand appearance!" a figured walked up from behind nina and hugged her from behind. "nina and i have been having so much these past few days, have we not nina?" he stroked the back of his hand against nina's cheek and she flinched in protest. jihoon bit his lip in insolent fury. 

"who are you?" jihoon curtly asked and the masked man, who replied with the evil that glimpsed in his both eyes, which was the only part visible to all. 

"you really want to know who i am? why don't i tell you why i'm doing this first, may i? jihoon— i was so, very jealous of you. every time i saw you with doyeon, it hurt me. i was in love with her too, and when you weren't around that time when you had a meeting, i told her how i felt. but she was so against me— she tried to come up with every excuse she could form. i was too young for her, i was too ugl—"

"—so you murdered her for that?" jihoon cut him off. a yell was what he got in reply. "you both are just selfish assholes! you know that? and she's no different. she does not want me— all these girls you love only want you? it's painful for me, and you think i have any choice left than go for this? you all know how to kill the people you know inside, so i do the same— it's just that mine is from the outside." he kicked nina's chair in anger. she fell on her side and let out a stifled scream. 

"nina!" jihoon tried to run towards her, but the masked man held up a hand, warning jihoon not to come any closer. "park jihoon, aren't you itching all over, just to know who i am?" he rested his leg on nina's arm and jihoon could only helplessly divert his eyes from a pained nina to a pained lunatic.

the masked man held his mask and pulled it out of his face. he brushed the strands of hair on his face and turned to jihoon. jihoon opened his mouth in complete shock. never in a million years, would he think that the boy in front of him was the reason behind all his sleepless nights— filled with tears, hysterics and agony. 

never in a million years, would he think that he was the one responsible for doyeon's death.

"yoo seonho?"

-

WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED but i hope yall are happy that you guys finally know who IS THE MAN THAT YOU ALL HAVE BEEN ITCHING SO BAD TO KNOW

but that aside, i am back!!! my written papers for my o levels are over woohoo!! there are only around 2-3 chapters left for this book, i'm actually kind of sad that it's going to end soon : ( but thx for continuing to hype this book i love yall

but be sure to hype my other books, including a new book ill be publishing called look, it's a mark lee fic that i wrote during my o levels from 5-7am if i remember correctly.

stay smelly

love, twinkle.