twenty five

song #25: downpour- ioi

june 1st, 2016, 3:28am

"yoo seonho?"

jihoon took a step back, his heart refusing to believe what his eyes were seeing. seonho's eyes stared coldly into jihoon's, and he smirked curtly. "never in a million years you would think it was me, right, hyung?" he chuckled under his breath and jihoon opened his mouth to speak, but could not. 

"s-seonho? why would you?" jihoon found himself finally saying and tried to retrace everything this lunatic— seonho— had done. he had killed the love of his life, kim doyeon, threatened to hurt jihoon, nina, met him at the hospital and tried to shoot— the police station— wait, how did it—

"y-you killed your f-father, seonho?" jihoon pointed a shaky finger directly at seonho, and seonho put both arms up, a sign of mock surrender. jihoon's brows furrowed. "you're disgusting," jihoon spat and seonho cackled. "me? disgusting? then what does that make you, you filthy manwh—"

"say one more word, and you're dead, yoo seonho!" jinyoung burst and jihoon jumped. he had forgotten jinyoung was next to him— and seeing this side of him was truly terrifying. his eyes were blazing, and his teeth were gritted in pure fury. 

in response, seonho took out his gun and pointed it at jihoon. "she's going to be mine now, jihoon. say your last words to her from there. remember this place, and remember this time— this is when you are with the people you love the most, and the person you resent the most. your polar opposites— they are surrounding you now, to witness you perish from the face of the earth, once and for all." he announced and closed his eyes. he tightened his grip on the handle of the pistol and clicked the bullet in place. 

jihoon looked at a helpless nina and allowed a tear to fall. "i love you," he mouthed, a sad smile plastered weakly on his face. nina shook her head vigorously, as her tears continued to fall, her cries muffled. he looked up and closed his eyes. "i'm finally coming, doyeon." he choked and could not help but smile widely. he was finally going to reunite with his first love, his love for life— while waiting for impact.

bang.

surprisingly, jihoon did not find himself jerking backwards. was this how death was supposed to feel like? if it did, why was he not falling backwards, like how it had to be? why was his not feeling any sort of pain? he touched his heart and held his palm in front of his face. he opened his eyes in shock. where was the blood? just at that moment, he heard a loud thump from in front of him. 

he looked down. his eyes widened in shock. he fell onto his knees. 

"jinyoung?" he choked on his words— no, this was not happening.

 jinyoung's eyes had become bloodshot, as he held his chest in pain. he choked for breath, and out came small traces of blood that were painting his lips. he smiled weakly at jihoon. jihoon carried jinyoung's full body weight onto his lap, repeatedly telling him to stay conscious.

"yah! don't close your eyes now, okay? you have to live, jinyoung-ah! you can't die on me now, okay? you got this," jihoon told him as jinyoung's eyelids slowly drooped. a now tear-streaked jihoon looked up at an agape seonho, who was equally shocked as him. to react, seonho quickly tried to shoot jihoon again, but to his horror, there were no more bullets in his pistol. he threw the gun onto the floor and ran a hand through his hair in frustration. he turned his back on the duo and hung his head low.

"yoo seonho, put your hands up, we got you this time!" the booming voice of detective yoon resounded from the deserted room and seonho, knowing he had lost this battle now, exasperatedly put his hands up. detective yoon's team ran to him and handcuffed him, while detective yoon himself went to nina and untied her from her chair. instinctively, she ran up to jihoon and jinyoung.

jinyoung took a deep breath. "jihoon-ah," he managed to give jihoon's hand a reassuring squeeze. "i love you, dude," he joked, knowing how much jihoon hated the word, "promise me, you'll be happy with her, okay? i want you to be happy forever, okay?" with that, he allowed his eyelids to fall. his hand, which was holding jihoon's, became limp in jihoon's grip. "no, this is not happening!" he cried hysterically, and hugged jinyoung's lifeless body tightly, shaking him and telling him repeatedly to wake up. nina hugged him from behind, trying to comfort him. 

what was there to comfort? he had just lost his best friend— only then, did jihoon manage to recollect all the good times, and bad, they used to have. from the time that jinyoung had given him that extra strawberry milk he had, to the time he was there through jihoon through everything. jihoon wept as he continued to grief for the fall of his best friend, which had now left him as well— but with the reassurance that he was going to be there for him every step of the way too, not physically, but in spirit.

"jinyoung," jihoon held his friend's head to his, and whispered softly, "i'll miss you, but remember this— i love you."

-

I HATE MYSELF for this but this was legit pre planned since the fic started i guess LOL but i'm so so sad guys only the epilogue left : (

i think i should write a super long author's note because wtf this is the longest ACTUAL fic i've wrote that isnt cringey lol except for jihoon's iconic "yah!" (which will never die)

after this book, be sure to check out my youngmin fic karaoke and my new mark lee fic look please it'll mean the world to me!

stay smelly

love, twinkle.

ps: exo's forever used to be like my most disliked song in the war but now its deadass my biggest whip song like GIRL YOU KNOW YOU GOT ME UP NAN MIDEO MICHEO TWINEUN HEART BITHC