seventeen

song #17: sweet lies- exo

april 21st, 2016, 4:58pm

"i-i'm sorry, jihoon," she collapsed into his arms again, and said the words jihoon wish he didn't even ask for.

"he didn't make it."

jihoon felt the tears instantly well up in his eyes as his face crumbled. he pulled nina closer to him, as they both cried together, sharing their similar sorrow. nina kept apologising to him, but jihoon did not want to listen. he told her to stop apologising, but she continued to do so. just then, he felt another pair of arms wrap strongly around him. he looked up, to see jinyoung. he allowed him to sit and comfort nina, as he walked out of the office.

as he approached minhyun's room, he saw a couple outside. he walked up to them and tried to stop the tears from falling. they looked at jihoon and the lady sighed. "you must be jihoon," she cried, "because of you, minhyun managed to spend his last weeks with happiness." jihoon could not hold the tears any longer. he allowed the tears to flow down freely. 

"i'm sorry," was all that he could say, but he needed them to fulfill his only request of them. "will it be alright if i see minhyun one last time?" he asked them softly and minhyun's mother nodded. "of course, my dear," she said and gave jihoon a quick hug. "you were his best friend, jihoon. thank you so much."

jihoon walked into minhyun's room, where a group of doctors were doing the final recordings. as jihoon was a familiar face in the hospital, they knew he wanted to see minhyun a final time. they pulled down the covers down, revealing minhyun's upper body. jihoon sat on his knees next to the boy and held his ice cold, pale hands in his bigger, warmer ones. 

minhyun looked as per normal, he just looked as peaceful as he would when he was sleeping. jihoon placed his head on their hands and cried softly. 

"minhyun," he looked up at the younger boy, "i'm sorry that your miracle didn't come true."

-

as jihoon walked into nina's office once again, he saw jinyoung comforting nina. upon seeing jihoon, he drew his arms from nina and allowed jihoon to sit where he was originally at. 

"i'm sorry, jihoon," he wrapped his arms around the older boy as jihoon hugged him back. "i'll get you both a drink, okay?" he smiled sadly and left them both

nina sniffed as she opened her notebook and passed jihoon a small piece of paper. "it's from minhyun," she managed to croak out, her voice was still sore from crying. jihoon took it without saying a word, hesitant about opening it and breaking down again.

"open it," nina encouraged, "i'll be here for you, okay?" she tried to smile and jihoon sighed before opening it, ever so slowly. he immediately felt a smile form on his face as he looked at minhyun's adorable handwriting.

hey hyung!!!!!

if you're getting this letter, it means i kind of didn't make it... oops. i'm sorry if i made you or nina noona cry :( but i just hope that you won't be too sad okay, because i'll be up there looking down on you and making sure you are always happy!!! :-)

i also want to say a huge thank you for being my best friend during my last few months, i really love you a lot hyung!! your stories are super entertaining to listen to and i hope i'll be in one of your stories too ;)

ps: can u and nina noona get back together already??? ok i know you're gna say "but we were never together!" bur HELLO pls everybody loves you both so pls just tell her u love her!!! pps: i'll tell doyeon noona i say hi too :-) i'm sure she'll be happy to hear whatever stories i have about YOU, right hyung?

ah i think that's all! i'll miss you, but i love you <3 hehe

-minHyun

by the end of the letter, jihoon was smiling from ear to ear. at the same time, his tears were streaming down his face. "minhyun," was all he could say. he felt two arms slip around his waist slowly and leaning her head against his shoulders. 

he put the paper down and hugged the smaller girl back. "nina," he kissed her soft, wavy hair as he closed his eyes. "i'm sorry," he felt a tear slip down his cheek and onto her hair. "i love you," he whispered and he felt nina's grip tighten. 

"i'll never leave you, okay?" her voice was shaky, but her heart was now at ease, as she replied without any hesitation, "i love you too."

jihoon slowly let go of the hug and with glassy eyes, he did his signature, child-like gesture— "pinky promise?" 

nina let out a hearty laugh and interlocked her pinky with his anyway. "you're such a dork, jihoon, but maybe that's why everybody loves you," she chuckled, "especially doyeon."

-

a short chapter through the midweek wow am i not the nicest smH 

but hey i'm just here to say please check out my daniel fic, my answer! it's only one chapter and you'll finish it within 10 minutes so far only 3 people have cried lmao don't flop me now girls 

and alsO gaHH exo's repackage album has got me on the floor guess who's going to be yelling power, sweet lies and boomerang for the rest of the month 

stay smelly

love, twinkle.