02| STUDY BUDDY

R E Q U E S T E D
by me :)

P R O M P T
peter tries to help you study for your exams

W A R N I N G S
fluff coming your way!

MONDAY"Okay, this makes absolutely no sense, Peter," you whine, throwing your head back in annoyance whilst leaning back on the spiny desk chair in Peter's room

MONDAY
"Okay, this makes absolutely no sense, Peter," you whine, throwing your head back in annoyance whilst leaning back on the spiny desk chair in Peter's room. "The words in this paragraph only consists complicated words from the worlds oldest thesaurus."

Both of you were gazing through the sections of the SAT prep textbook, but you weren't fully focused on task since you were full of jitters for the upcoming exam. The only thing that seemed to calm you down was the fact that one of the smartest kids in your class,(maybe even the smartest kid in the entire school) offered to help you prepare for the exam in a weeks time.

"Really, Y/N, these explanations aren't too bad, you just have to apply the existing literary terms to the-" Peter started, before you zoned out, again.

"Understand?" He said, looking back at you from his mattress he was currently sitting on, as he then noticed your blan expression staring at the wall behind him.

"Come on' Y/N, I can't help you if you don't focus on what I'm saying. I don't want you to fail." Peter says sincerely, moving his head so he could block your view of the wall, his eyes boring into yours.

You huff out before replying, "I'm sorry! I can't think straight right now, it feels like my heads going to burst from the hours of revision and facts." You say before leaning forward in your chair, taking your head into your hands.

Peter then closes the book, shoving it away on his bed before turning his body towards yours in the bed in front of you. "I understand how scary these tests can be, Y/N. Truly. So why don't we take a little break before coming back to it?" He questions.

Looking up from the ground, you lock eyes with the boy in front of you, as a smirk rises to your lips. "Does this break include food?"

"Absolutely! What kind of a best friend would I be if I didn't get my best gal food?" Peter exclaimed.

"Did I tell you how much I love you today," You start, sitting up from you chair to sit beside Peter, throwing your arms around him. "Because I love you!"

"Yea, yea. Kiss - ass" He mumbles as he leans his shoulder in your arms.

TUESDAY
"Now, does this make sense?" Peter questions, passing his notes across the wooden table for you to see.

You both decided today you'd go to the library to study, as the focused and quiet atmosphere would help you learn, but so far, it had been everything but helpful.

"Erm, yes?" You question, not really knowing how he got this formula as you twisted your pen between your fingers. "I just, ah, don't really understand how you got to that point."

Peter gently listens as he takes back his notebook from across the table to look over his work. "Well, all the works there. You just have to make sure you break up the question into sections. It's easiest that way."

"Oh okay, like this?" You ask, writing down another math question and quickly go through all the steps he had just told you before turning your paper towards him to check your work.

"Yes! You got it Y/N!" Peter exclaims loudly, before the librarian shushes him from behind a bookshelf. You break out into a wide grin before throwing your hand into the air in triumph.

"Hell yea I do!" As you high five Peter.

WEDNESDAY
You were sipping your warm tea when you noticed Peter gazing at you from across the circular table. He thought it would be fun going to the local cafe for your next study session, so while you sat at your corner table tucked away by the window of the cafe, you scribbled down some worksheets that Peter printed off for you.

"Peter... what're you looking at?" You inquired, cocking an eyebrow across to him.

He quickly dropped his burning gaze down to his textbook as he fumbled with the straw of his iced tea, cheeks tinted bright red. "Oh! I was-uh, looking at that poster for the, uh, free donut with purchase of iced coffee?" He countered, but also sort of questioned.

You smiled him as you went back to work on your paper. "Whatever you say, Parker."

THURSDAY
"Okay, Y/N, it's our last day of studying. Do you have any more questions for me before your final?" Peter inquired, as he leant against his headboard, sliding one of his legs to hang off the bed.

You climbed in front of him on the small twin bed and crossed your legs in front of you, with your prep book and notebook in your lap. "I think I got it, all thanks to you, of course."

Peter smirked as he looked towards you, his shiny brown eyes gazing into your own. "Well, the master has trained the apprentice well, the apprentice has become the master, you could say."

You laughed, leaning forward towards him. "You're such a geek."

"But, you love me." He countered back, raising his eyebrow, and pointing his pen towards you. You laughed again in return, turning your head back down to the revision pages you've made.

"I wonder why, sometimes." You mumble, having no intention of him hearing you.

"What?" He asks, his heartbeat increasing and questioning if he heard you correctly.

"Nothing," you quickly reply, with heat rushing to your face. How embarrassing could you be?

FRIDAY [EXAM DAY]
Peter offered to walk you to you exam, quizzing you along the way to make sure you were 101% prepared. You thought it was sweet that he went all through this trouble just for a exam, and it wasn't even his exam! But, you didn't want to get your hopes up for jumping to conclusions, so you just settled for that he was naturally a sweet and caring guy in general (which he was indefinitely).

"Peter, its fine, I know what I'm doing. You didn't need to come with me today, it's your day off." You pointed out, walking shoulder to shoulder with him, turning your head up towards him.

"I know, but, I just, wanted to make sure you, are prepared. Which you definitely are, but, I also wanted to wish you, uh, some luck. But you won't need it cause yo-" Peter rambled before you cut him off, placing your hand on his shoulder, making him switch his gaze towards you.

"That's very sweet, Peter. Thank you." You blushed, smiling as a small grin erupted on Peter's face.

"Well, you're, uh, very welcome. Now go on, you'll be late for your exam!" He raved, slightly pushing you ahead of him as you giggle.

"Okay, Pete. Bye!" You hollered, walking into the exam room to find a seat.

As the door shut to the classroom, Peter was rooted to his spot in the middle of the hallway, still smiling knowing that you'd be just fine during your test and that he'd make sure that you'd have a awesome celebration when you're finished.

a/n
wassup peeps?
I hope you liked this one! it took a few days to tweak
it out and polish it but I'm proud of it! I really hope you like it:)
anyways, i'll see you guys soon!
-kate