18| SLEEPLESS NIGHTS

R E Q U E S T E D
nuh-uh

P R O M P T
you are having a sleepless night and call the only person that's been racked in your mind

W A R N I N G S
major fluff

As the moonlight shone into the room, you continued to toss in turn in your small twin sized bed

As the moonlight shone into the room, you continued to toss in turn in your small twin sized bed. The uncomfortableness and agony of not being able to sleep was dragging on in your brain which had made it harder and harder to fall asleep.

The clock on the bed stand beside you read 2:18am as you groaned out loud, throwing your head further into your pillow in annoyance. You probably weren't going to fall asleep anytime soon, seeing as you couldn't shut off your brain, something that was definitely affecting you right in this moment.

At the moment, all your worries and anxiety seemed to rise as you were trying to fall asleep. And as much as you tried to push those thoughts away and think about happy things, you subconsciously would drift back to thinking about your essays due and exams next week and workload you'd have to manage on top of having a competitive activity take up a lot of your time. What a lovely way to fall asleep.

You shifted once more to face your window, the moon still glistening past the buildings in your neighbourhood, along with the familiar honks and toots of cars passing and being held up in traffic in the city late at night. Then, sitting up from your position, you groggily reached out beside you and patted your hand along the nightstand to feel for your phone.

Once you held it in your hand, you unplugged it from the charging cord and pulled yourself back into a sitting position, and violently jerked away at the brightness of the screen as you frantically turned down the brightness to avoid being blinded in the early hours.

You shifted through your contacts as you paused on the persons name, your finger hovering over the phone icon as you debated your decision.

Wouldn't he be asleep? Why would you call him just to wake him up this early? He'd probably hate you since he barely has the time to sleep anymore...

You then ignored those thoughts as you pressed the button and held the phone close to your ear, closing your eyes as the ringing sounded in the room slightly.

"H-hello?" The voice groggily tan through from the other side of the line. You let out a shaky breath as you heard his voice.

"Peter, it's me. Did I wake you?" You responded quietly, careful not to speak so loud since your parents were in the other room.