13| OTHER SIDE OF THINGS, PART TWO

R E Q U E S T E D
yes!

P R O M P T
slow progress happens in your household situation, along with some help and advice from a certain friend

W A R N I N G S
light swearing, sad feels, mentions of death and mental health struggles

"Mom! I'm home!" You hollered, creaking open the front door

"Mom! I'm home!" You hollered, creaking open the front door. You slammed it back into place, seeing that the hinges were so rusted it was difficult to move it back into place. How desperately your family was in need of a dire upgrade.

"I'm in the bedroom, honey." A voice weakly croaked, the sound barely carrying through the small apartment. You walked towards her bedroom as you took notice of her weak frame seated on the mattress.

It had been a couple of weeks since your run in with Spiderman. You thought about him almost every day, at how he changed your perspective on how everything would turn around. And it did so.

You picked up a new job at the coffee house down the road. It wasn't too bad to manage with school. But it was a hard adjustment when having to leave school right away to pick up your brother, drop him off home, give the medicine to your mother then quickly head off for a five hour shift only to return back home at nine pm to then finish your homework and fall asleep at one in the morning. Needless to say you were a bit tired.

And as much as persevered through it, most times you felt like you couldn't do it, even for your family, or your little brother. It was hard sometimes getting out of bed with only four hours of sleep to push through a very long day. You slowly felt yourself being drained away with emotional waves of tiredness and sadness. But, you weren't going to let your family down.

You pulled up a chair beside the bed and took ahold of your mothers frail hand, delicately stroking it with your thumb.

"How do you feel?" You questioned softly, her loving eyes twinkling in your own as she tried to uplift your heavy feeling.

"I've been worse, but it hurts like hell," Your mother rasped, cocking a small smirk down at you. You smiled at her cheekiness as she continued to surprise you with her uplifting attitude. "Did you get another prescription yet?"

You turned towards your bag that was placed on the floor as you ripped through it to find the small orange container. "Here, I'll go get you some water," You started as you placed the container on the bedside table and walked towards the kitchen.

Just as you began to fill up the glass of water, the small distinct sound of the doorbell rang in the hallway beside the kitchen. Furrowing your eyebrows, you placed aside the water as you made your way towards the door, peeking through the peephole to check out who was there.