12| OTHER SIDE OF THINGS

R E Q U E S T E D
by @TheWarriorBear

P R O M P T
you resort to crime to support your family, but a certain webslinger catches you red-handed

W A R N I N G S
some swearing, mentions of theft and robbery, angsty feels

Until that day, fear had been an idea, a concept

Until that day, fear had been an idea, a concept. Now it was real: a feeling you would carry inside possibly for the rest of your life. The day had begun innocently enough, with leaving your mother in the care of your sibling as you went out to do the things you despised most, thieving.

The brisk breeze in the early hours tinted your cheeks and the tips of your ears as you managed through the big crowds in downtown New York. Your hands drifted along the many people as you passed by and occasionally, you'd slip your hands in between coat jackets and purses to grasp ahold of wads of money, occasionally some nice wallets as well.

It started not too long ago, after your mother had fallen ill and couldn't provide for you and your family. You tried to pick up a few extra jobs but with the pressure of school getting in the way, it was hard to balance the both out. But reality finally hit you once the power was shut off and all the utilities were shut down once the bills were not being payed quick enough.

What broke your heart most was not being able to talk to anyone about the struggles you've been enduring currently. It was hard enough that you had to steal from innocent people for your own well being, but keeping it hidden from your closest friend Peter Parker shook you to the core.

You quickly fled the scene of multiple people around you failing to find out who took their money. Dodging others as you passed, you skimmed towards a deserted alleyway, making sure no one followed you. Ripping open your small side bag, you emptied the contents from your pockets to the purse as you adjusted your beanie on your head and tried to casually walk out of the alleyway, as if nothing had just happened at all.

But once you stepped foot outside the alley, the red and blue spandex clad hero was awaiting you, casually leaning his shoulder on the side of the building.

"Hi!" Said Spiderman, as he tilted his head as if you were his great interest.

"Uh, hi?" You questioned softly, adjusting the hat on your head as you avoided looking at the hero in the eyes, worrying if he had caught you in the act.

"How are you doing this lovely crisp afternoon, miss?" He questioned, as he folded his arms on his chest, looking casual and calm. Definitely the complete opposite you were feeling.