37| GRAVEYARD ADVENTURES

OCTOBER CHALLENGE – DAY SIXTEEN
STUCK IN A GRAVEYARD

❀❀❀

"Okay, Peter, I now realize how bad of a idea it was to take a shortcut home," You whimpered, clutching onto the boy's arm beside you as the foggy mist cascaded along the gravel path ahead of you

"Yea, I'm not so sure about this either, to be honest." Peter replied, his eyes wondering around the scenery as he checked where they should be going to. "And, I also believe we are lost. Great."

You groaned and threw your head against his arm, closing your eyes as you thought how unbelievably stupid you both were for thinking the cemetery would be a great place to walk through to get to your house.

The both of you stood in the middle of pathway which steered off into many directions, which lead to more grave sites connected to it. To say the least, it was a big ass graveyard. You had trusted Peter knew where he was going in here, since he's visited it multiple times with his uncle being placed here. You knew that it was hard for him to come back here, and that he was brave enough to willingly pass by here. But, you were not very happy to be lost in this place, and you could tell he was too.

"So," You said, looking back up to Peter's face as you held yourself close to him, your cold fingers snaking down to intertwine with his own. "What do you suppose we do next, Sherlock?"

Peter smiled as he glanced down at your face, leaning in close to peck your nose. "Your face has gone pink from the cold. Its cute."

"Stop trying to distract me from whats at stake, Pete. We are lost in a cemetery at five o'clock at night! It should be closing soon." You panicked, as your breathing quickened and you found yourself desperately looking in his eyes, pleading him to help figure out how to get out of this situation.

"Y/N, babe, just calm down," Peter replied softly, lightly squeezing your hand as he leaned down once more to press his lips on your forehead. "We're getting out, I just need to find out where we are.

Crows in a distance were cawing at each other, that echoed in the otherwise silent hill. The trees were shifting in the wind and the leaves were rustling against one another, flowing the breeze as they blew down the path.

"Come on, Pete, this place is giving me the creeps!" You muttered, inching ever so slightly closer to him.

"Trust me, I have just the idea to get out."

He gently pulled back from your embrace and pulled his sleeve up, revealing his high-tech wrist watch that Tony Stark had given him as a gift. He pulled up the faceless screen that had projected in mid-air, and spoke clearly.

"Alright, Karen, what am I looking at?" He questioned, as the small projected screen seemed to shift into a map and a target, most likely indicating your guys location.

"Well, Calvary Cemetery is Queens largest graveyard, at around three million interments, the-" The animatronic voice sounded out from the watch, before Peter had cut her off.

"Okay, well I dont really need to know that. We need to find out where the exits are, we're kind of lost." Peter replied, looking down to the screen, that seemed to zoom out and shift in onto what looked like an exit to the nearest road.

"Well, the nearest exit is presumably two miles away, and the grave keeper is closing the gates in less than five minutes, so you better hurry." Karen urged, as she set a tracker towards the gate for you and Peter to race to in those five minutes.

"Oh god," You whined, taking your hairband and throwing your hair up in a messy bun, not going for looks at the moment. "You mean to say, I have to run two miles, in five minutes. Oh, this won't end well."

Peter laughed in reply, hiking his backpack down from his shoulders and zipping it open, shifting through it to look for an specific item. "Chill out, it's fine. I won't make you do that, I have another idea."

"What?" You questioned, peering down to his stance as he strapped on his black web shooters onto his wrist, the wrist watch clipping into it as the devices activated. "Oh, no. No, no way I am doing this again."

"Come on, Y/N! We'll be there in two seconds with all these trees hanging and I just latch onto them. Please?" Peter begged, throwing his backpack on again as he took your hands in his own, a pleading look in his eyes.

You finally gave into his puppy dog eyes, rolling your eyes as you shook your head. "Fine! But I swear to god, Peter Benjamin Parker, if you drop me I will personally haunt you from my grave."

"Oh, I would never think to drop you, my beautiful girl." He cheesed, as he wrapped his arm tightly around your torso and threw his arm up, as the small thwip! of the web came shooting out as it pulled you both forward.

In a matter of seconds of blurring images passing you by, you and Peter approached the grand entryway, just as you saw a elderly looking man walk up to the doors, holding a pair of keys in his hands. Peter dropped you both behind a tree, as his web disconnected from the shooters as you and Peter creeped out from the tree and ran up to the man.

"Excuse me, sir! We'd like to get out before you lock up, thanks." Peter announced, catching the attention of the man as he turned with a grumpy expression to you both.

"What are you kids doing in here? You're not smoking up, are you? Because, I have the police on speed-dial if you fools are doing something funky." He enunciated, throwing his pointed finger between the two of you. You and Peter quickly shook your heads in dismiss.

"No, sir! We just got lost, on our way home, and we ended up here. We were just walking, no need to call the police." You began, as you held your hands out in caution towards the man.

He looked between the pair of you as he sneered, deciding whether he should take the word of two fifteen year olds. He finally puffed out an exhausted breath as he yanked the metal gate open once more, ushering the both of you out.

"Alright, hurry. Don't make me change my mind." He grumbled as you and Peter stumbled out onto the street, as the clinking of the gate shut close and the man shuffled away, grumbling.

"Well," Peter answered, smiling at you as you both started down the street. "That went well."

"Never again, we will go in there to get home," You added, casting an stern look towards the boy. "You understand me, mister?"

"Yes, m'am!" He laughed, as he took your hand once more, as the two of you made you way home, no other interruptions occurring.

a/n
ohhhh spooky graveyard vibes, am I right? just kidding, it wasn't as spooky as I hoped, but the idea of graveyards are kinda spooky and Halloween related, so at least give me that.
I hope you guys enjoyed reading!