34| POWER OUTAGE

OCTOBER CHALLENGE – DAY THIRTEEN
POWER OUTAGE

❀❀❀

It was a chilly Friday night like any other, and you were sat along with Peter Parker on the couch in your apartment, watching old re-runs of Law and Order, like any other Friday night would be spent

Your head was rested on top of Peter's firm chest as a blanket was draped over the both of you, the both of you staring at the television industry front of you. One of his arms was wrapped around you waist as he rubbed small patterns into your skin, soothing you as you snuggled closer to his warm temperature, despite the not uplifting mood of the show.

It was right in the middle of the creepy part in the show, where the con artist/serial killer was doing something indescribable and disgusting when suddenly, the power on the t.v shut down and the lights flickered off all at once.

You leapt off of Peter as you sat up straight, your head twisting in all directions in confusion. "What was that?"

You could faintly see the outline of Peter sitting up from the couch beside you and turning to you. "I'm not sure, I guess something in the fuse box might have blown, but who knows?."

Standing up from the couch, you reached downwards towards the coffee table and shuffled around for your phone and turning the flashlight setting on. "I don't know, we just got everything checked on Monday, Nothing should be out of place."

You shown the light towards Peter as he shrugged. "Well, maybe it's because your house is haunted."

"No way, it's not haunted!" You shook your head in reply. "This apartment isn't even that old."

"Who knows, maybe a possessed spirit has come back from the dead to haunt us,"
Peter pondered, creaking the floorboards as he creepily walked towards you, his hands out in a attacking fashion.

"No, Peter! Stop trying to freak me out!" You complained, shoving his shoulder, giving him a cold stare.

He laughed a bit as he smirked down to you. "Come on, we'll be fine. Nothing will happen to us, we're perfectly safe.."

You were about to reply before a series of crashing and thumps sounded in the apartment, causing you to yelp in terror and leap into Peter's arms.

"What in gods name was that noise?" You exclaimed in terror, holding yourself pressed tightly in his arms as yours shook around his waist.

"I really don't know," Peter mumbled, looking around as he tried to detect where the sound was coming from. "Are you alright?"

You shook your head as you rested it against his chest, listening to his increased heartbeat. "Yea! I'm totally cool, yea, i'm not scared at all"

Peter reached around his waist to grip your hands as he pulled them off of himself, as he held them in his own. "We're safe, Y/N. We should maybe just try to check it out, the sound."

"What?" You whispered-yelled, looking up at the crazed boys idea. "Are you crazy? What if some psycho guy is creeping in my house, waiting for us to come find us and kill us!"

"Oh hush, you big baby, it's nothing." He replied, leading you out of the living room and into your kitchen, gazing around the room in caution.

"Come on, Peter, please? This really isn't a good idea," You pleaded, holding on tight to Peter's hand as he turned his head to yours.

"Y/N, I think you're forgetting that your boyfriend is an highly trained, and skilled Avenger." He smirked, as he turned back around and wondered into the dining room beside the kitchen.

You rolled your eyes and followed closer behind him just as a flicker of the lights from behind you both made you jolt into Peter's back in surprise and in fear.

"Oh my gosh, babe! I can't stay here any longer, let's go!" You whimpered, arms grasping the back of his shirt with your fists clenched, not planning on letting go anytime soon.

"Hold on, we're going to be fine," Peter quivered, slowly turning you behind him as he turned down the hallway towards the bedrooms.

The both of you held each other as you checked each room as you passed, making sure ever room was never left unmarked. You both neared your room, at the very end of the hallway in caution, taking slow steps as Peter reached for your doorknob, his breath quickening in fear.

"I'm going to open it on three, okay?" He whispered, peering his head back to face you. "One, two, three!"

Peter rammed the door open, and a series of scatters and jumps erupted, down from your bed, just as your cat jumped off of your bed and dodged the fallen lamp on the ground and scurried past the both of you and raced into the house.

You let out a huge sigh of relief and turned to to the boy beside you, cracking a small smirk as you laughed a little at the silliness of it all.

"It was just the cat," You laughed.

Peter shook his head, giving you one of his famous goofy grins. "See? You were scared for nothing all along."

"Well," You pondered, trailing into your room
to recover the fallen lamp and place it back on the nightstand. "It all could have been that guy from the show who was just trying to spook us into one of his traps."

The boy sat down on your bed as he looked up at you, shaking his head once more. "You have a too wild of an imagination, my girl."

"One of my best perks," You laughed, bopping his nose.

"Well, we better get started on calling your landlord, because I think he'll want to know about this mysterious power outage." He explained.

"Yea I suppose," You replied, or turning your head to give a suspicious look. "Or, we could just build a pillow fort until my parents come home to deal with it."

Peter let out a chuckle as he took your hand once more, kissing it softly. "That sounds even better!"

a/n;
happy friday the thirteenth everybody! I hope you all had a great day full of spooks and stuff!
my science teacher said something scary as we were preparing for our lab, saying we needed to do 6 pieces of magnesium, 6 six drops of bromonthyol blue liquid & 6 drops of acidic substance... scary!