Chapter 39- His Heart

Jaquise POV

I heard a scream from the outside of the room, I didn’t hesitate or even think I burst the door open as I saw a pool of blood on the floor.  “fuck” I curse under my breath and made my way to unconscious body of Debura. Glancing on the pool of blood I saw a cut on her palm. Definitely that’s her’s.

“what the fuck happened?” I look at Sarah’s pale face and glance back at Debura carrying her bridal style. Sarah help herself up. And look up to Amos.

“she lost it, she lost her self-control.” Amos pulled her closer to him as she berried her face in his chest and sob.

“I’ll bring her to her room.” As catch a glimpse of surprise face of Miranda she shook her head and start crying.

“I need a first aid kit.” Fabian nodded and I rush bring her in her room. Pulling away the hood from her face I saw her pale skin that eliminated in the small light of the room, I push the lamp shade on and brush my hand on the stands of her hair that falls on her face.

I heard a foot step entering the room, the maid opens the first aid kit box.

“I’ll do it.” I pick the box from her and dismissed her instantly she vows her head and exited the room.
“what happen?” I asked without bothering to look at Sarah and Amos.

“We saw him and that’s what happen. Sylvia is nothing but madness. We saw her but her physical appearance is not her.” I frown looking up to them.

“what do you mean?” she sighed sitting on the right foot of the bed.

“her physical appearance is Debura, Tastian might think that Sylvia Is Debura, there’s a connect spell that make it stronger for her to make him believe she was Debura.”

“always stupid,” I muttered and continue.

“I don’t know, but something I don’t understand on that matter.” She continues

“Tastian must feel it wasn’t her, even it has a spell or something. There’s a possibility that he knows it and pretend that he didn’t know, maybe he was pretending that he was under the spell. The connection between two mates are stronger than any other witch spell. That’s the reason why the effect of spell from Sylvia before didn’t work well with him. Because he knows who he really wants to be with.”

“and he waited for two damn years? Can you actually believe that?” I snapped to her.
“we are supposed to look around on the house to find the voodoo that Tastian mentioned on the letter, but since she lost it the channel connection drives back to darkness because that’s what she feels about him. Jealousy and anger that’s what fails her.”

“will she be okay?” Amos asked while walking towards the left side of the bed.

“she will, she just need to rest.”

“we have good news tho.” She smiles wickedly.

“I have the land mark of the location.”

“fucking smart.” Amos muttered before kissing her on the lips.

“get a room.” And with that they chuckle and leave. While I put some bandage to Debura’s palm.

Debura’s POV

How could he? He knows it wasn’t me, I felt it I see it in his eyes those blue orbs always reflect on what he feels. I saw it, I saw that he knew she’s wasn’t me. he made me wait for so long and why do I get the feeling that he enjoys being with her? I swear to God I will give him my fist when I saw him again, and that will be sooner since we knew where the fuck are they. I snapped myself from the bottomless thoughts when I heard the door open. Pulling myself to sitting position I saw Jaquise unkept polo shirt and hair as if he run his hand through it several times.

“I hate it when someone look at me with worried.” I mumbled watching him walking towards me.

“I hate it when you’re sick. Remember when we are young, I was the one who will look after you when your stomach hurts?” I nodded my head and smile. “we both gonna miss the class that day and we spend our day in your room waiting for another call of nature.” He chuckles holding my hand.  “as much as I hated him. I still do believe that he loves you.” I look away from him he didn’t know the full story.

“he knows she wasn’t me, I saw it in his eyes-“ I sighed “he always wear his heart on his eyes.” I continue looking down on my injured palm. “I get the feeling that he enjoys it with her. And yet I should keep trying to have him back.” I told him almost like a whisper.

“we will get him back.” I nodded my head. He stares at me for a while almost like he’s trying to figure something out. “that red hooded dress suites you.” I chuckle and wink at him.

“you’re checking me out do you.” He laughs

“ofcourse I do! you look hot as in sizzling hot plate.” I giggle.

“why do i have a feeling like I wanna laugh everytime you make a sexy comment?” he shrugged. As I continue. “ because you don’t do sexy before, seriously? To whom do you learn those stuff huh?” he blushed, he really did.

“holy moly!!!! Someone is on secret affair.” He shrugged once again.
“it’s not an affair we talk.” I rose my brows.

“we- talk…. So it means-“ he groan.

“remember the girl I rode in the roller coaster when you forcefully dragged me to that amusement park?”
“yeah, she seems nice.” I commented.

“I don’t know she is the daughter of my trainer.”

“I know, we attended the same school. And don’t forget that she is your number one fan when I sign you up on the most-sexiest cupid of the year.” He groans once again remembering his costume. “ can you wear that costume again? That diaper with wings?”and with that I earn the most murderous glare from Jaquise St. James.