PT 1, ACT 3: Harsh Reality

PART 1: ALFHEIM/UNDERWORLD ARC

ACT 3: HARSH REALITY

***

Asuna in the header picture! A different POV this chapter.

Three days had passed since she was summoned to this world.

Asuna was barely keeping her sanity in this new world that was real, but was also like a game.

At the beginning, she couldn't help but think about the real world, about Kirito, about her friends, about her family. About what was happening to her, to her real-life body.

But every time she started to lose her composure, the unknown Skill «???» erased her emotions and 'reset' her. She hated the feeling of her emotions being flushed away as it felt as her very soul was being violated—so she decided not to think about the real world, but about this 'New World' that she had came into.

But she just couldn't stop worrying about Kirito.

Kirito-kun, I want to see you again......

A big factor that prevented her from breaking down every single time after her emotion was cleared by Skill «???» was the presence of her best friend walking next to her right now.

"Asuna, you don't look well. Do you want to rest?" The pink-haired girl cocked her head, frowning worriedly to Asuna.

Asuna smiled, shaking her head. "I'm okay, you don't need to worry..... Liz."

The girl—Lisbeth—smiled back, though her worry didn't disappear from her face. "Okay. I'm sure if its Kirito we're talking about, he's probably kicking around somewhere in this world, all overpowered and using cheat skills like always."

Asuna laughed a little from that. Thankful for Lisbeth for lightening the mood, she lowered her head a little. ".....really...... thanks, Lisbeth. You're always helping me."

Lisbeth laughed. "No, no, don't be like that! I'm thankful myself that I met you before I went crazy. Besides......." Her expression turned more serious as she pointed forwards— ".....we're almost to the town. Let's get ready."

Asuna turned towards the direction where Lisbeth had pointed, and nodded. The plain filled with grasses was slowly changing into fields of farms, and there were a few blotches of wooden houses in sight, leading to a bigger settlement further away.

"Let's get our disguises on." Asuna said and materialised a dark cloak over her, covering her head and pointed ears with it.

But just as she did that, she felt a slight change in the atmosphere— a feeling like someone was watching her intensely from the back.

She turned around towards the small woods standing towards the west. But the presence was nowhere to be felt by the time she had turned.

"Come on, Asuna. Let's go." Lisbeth called from the front, equipping her own cloak over her.

".......yeah." Asuna nodded back, trotting after her friend......not mentioning to her about the terrible feeling of foreboding growing in her heart.