PT1, ACT 8: EX, Whereabouts

PART 1: ALFHEIM/UNDERWORLD ARC

ACT 8: EX, WHEREABOUTS

***

RE-ESTIZE KINGDOM, TOWN OF BELDET SOUTH FROM E-RANTEL

"........an Adventurer?" Asuna cocked her head as she asked.

The brown-haired girl sitting across the table nodded. "Yes. Under the banner of the «Adventurer's Guild», they are a group of people who receive and clear requests such as monster extermination and dungeon looting for money."

Currently, the four girls were sitting around a table at the edge of a busy tavern— Asuna, Lisbeth, Yuuki and a human girl named Lilly, whom they got to know in this town of Beldet.

Lilly was the daughter of the family whose house was being rummaged by the armed men earlier in the day. The plump man who led those men was a low-class noble who had his base in this town—and even though he was not a landlord and this town had their own chief, he collected high taxes from every family forcefully and used his status for his own greed.

Because he did not have any authority as a landlord, it was possible for the townspeople send requests to the Kingdom's authorities to banish him. What prevented this was the noble's private military— which included a party of powerful former Mythril Adventurers that even regular Kingdom knights could not win against.

That way the Authorities of nearby cities could not lay hands on this noble easily, and the townspeople had no choice but to obey his rule.

But because Lisbeth had single-handedly taken down the most elite of the noble's private military, the townspeople and a few Kingdom knights who stayed in this town fought the remaining weaker guards and arrested the noble, thus restoring peace in the streets. Lilly's father ran a tavern down the street, in which the three fairies were allowed food and a room for free as thanks for saving their family.

".....But adventurers are like those scums that were harassing you guys, right?" Lisbeth asked, making an unpleasant face upon remembering those men. "I don't think becoming like those people would help us."

"But... you guys are trying to get your names across the world, in order to find others of your fairy kind, right?" Lilly said. "With your strength, you can probably become top-ranked adventurers in no time. And top-ranked adventurers like Adamantite and Orichalcum classes become famous all across the country."

"I agree with Lilly's idea, Liz-san." Yuuki said, nodding slowly. "In the month I've been around, I've at least heard of party names of top-ranked Adventurers, like «Blue Roses» and «Red Drop» in the Kingdom, and «Eight Ripples» in the Empire."

"Hmmm......." Lisbeth scratched her head. "If you say so..... but I'm not sure.....?"

The three of them turned to Asuna.

The Undine who was distractedly thinking about Kirito widened her eyes. "Eh? What?"

Yuuki grinned. "You're our party leader, Asuna. We'll leave the decision to you."

"I-is that so...? Then......" Asuna had a few ideas beforehand, but after hearing their conversation, she had came to think that becoming an adventurer seemed to be the easiest and most efficient way of doing things.

"Then.... we should become adventurers. I think."

"Alright!" Lisbeth made a fist in front of her.

"If then, you should go to the nearest city, E-Rantel. It has a large-scale Adventurer's Guild there." Lilly suggested, smiling.

"Okay.... then E-Rantel it is!"