PT 2, ACT 3: Intersection

PART 2: ADAMANTITE ADVENTURERS ARC

ACT 3: INTERSECTION

†††

————————————————————

Asuna was on the ground as she watched powerlessly at the oncoming undeads.

"Asuna!! Get Liz-san and fall back!!" Yuuki's shout shocked Asuna back into focus. She saw the purple-haired imp charging towards the squadron of undead monsters.

"......Alright!!" Asuna kicked off, ignoring the pain all over her. She saw Lisbeth's limp body a distance away, damaged badly from the explosion. With a quick look Asuna saw that her friend was still alive, with a reduction of HP only by half even though she had received a direct hit.

Asuna quickly «glanced» at the monsters.

——— Mid-tier Undead
Death Knight
Level 35 ———

——— Mid-tier Undead
High Skeleton Warrior
Level 40 ———

——— Greater Mid-tier Undead
Lich Commander
Level 65———

This is bad, this is bad, this is bad———!!!!!!!!

The individual levels of the monsters weren't as high as Asuna, Yuuki and Lisbeth, who were all level 75. But the undeads' formation and numbers, as well as the buildup of fatigue from the earlier fight, had put them under a terrible condition.

"Liz!" Asuna reached down to the pink-haired Leprechaun, curling her arm around the girl's neck and lifting her upper body. With the other hand, Asuna touched Lisbeth's forehead.

Closing her eyes, she channelled her magic energy into the girl to revitalise her consciousness.

"....Ah!?"

Asuna sighed in relief as she saw Lisbeth's eyes flung open.

"A-Asuna? What....."

"Liz, please listen carefully. There are more enemies—really powerful ones, too. Stay back, and don't come in until you've recovered."

Lisbeth, though still looking confused, nodded warily.

"Also....." Asuna took out a red vial from her «Inventory» and handed it to Lisbeth. "It's a shame to use one from our stock, but heal your HP."

As fairies, their wounds automatically healed themselves up. However, this was done through using up their HP values. Even if a fairy was unscathed, there was a possibility that they could deplete their HP and die. Rather than risk something like that, Asuna decided it was better to use up one of their limited stock of potions.

In the distance, Yuuki was zipping across the air with her wings —— As Imps could fly during nighttime —— trying to reach the Lich Commander at the back of the formation. But the few high-grade skeleton fighters blocked her attacks.

The 'Death Knight's, despite their low level, had an outstanding defence. Something had to be done with them before they could break their formation.

"Fuuhh......"

Asuna bent her knees, aligning her arm holding her rapier «Chivalric Eternity» parallel to the ground. The thin blade started glowing with bright white light.

"Yaaah!!"

Kicking off the ground, Asuna rushed past the battlefield in an instant, stabbing the rapier forward and blowing a Death Knight into pieces with its sheer impact. Ignoring the shock and numb pain that had sprung up her arm, Asuna continued her Sword Skill and started slashing at the undead monsters around her. She was imbuing healing magic in her rapier, which seemed extremely effective on the Death Knights.