PT 2, ACT 2: Dark Warrior

PART 2: ADAMANTITE ADVENTURERS ARC

ACT 2: DARK WARRIOR

†††

".......How nice of them to show up themselves." A voice boomed; a deep voice that was both demeaning and somewhat charismatic at the same time. It was also muffled, as if the person's mouth was covered by something.

"Foolish.... Or to say, as expected of an inferior and unintelligent species humans are." Next was a feminine voice— a beautiful one, yet its tone was cold as it could be, seemingly devoid of any emotions.

"Don't say that, Nabe. Humans can be of worth.... especially when they are made into undeads." The deep voice answered with an amused tone.

"Y-your honoured conversations are really fearful......." A third voice muttered, which had a lighter tone than the other two. Its voice was shaking slightly as it talked.

"Be quiet, beast. Momon-sa...san, may I ask if a Djungarian Hamster makes a good undead?"

"Hm.... I have never tried my undead-summoning skill on magical beasts before. Perhaps, when I find the time, I will......."

"Hiiih!? M-m-milord!?"

"...................I am joking. Let us go."

"Y-your tone was obviously not joking, my master!!"

† † †

The sentry guards at the front gate of the Great Cemetery was struck with panic as hundreds, thousands of undeads swarmed at the wall, banging their rotting bodies against the gates and climbing over each other in order to get over the walls. In fact, many of the skeleton warriors got over the wall and was engaged in combat with the panicked guards.

"Fall back! Get down from the wall!"

The section commander shouted, making the guards move away from the rising skeleton army. As he listened, he could hear the sounds of the undead banging at the doors getting louder, and the doors themselves began groaning under the strain.

Many guards, including the section commander, hurriedly ran down the stairs to station themselves in front of the gates that was about to be taken down. Once the doors opened, the wave of undeads would flood into the streets, and only the gods knew how much damage could spread inside the fortress town.

"Damn it...... until reinforcements arrive....!!!"

Just then, a voice boomed.

"—————Open the gates."

Everyone reflexively looked to the source of the voice.

Behind the soldiers, a gigantic magical beast stood on four legs, its round black eyes gleaming with intelligence. Mounted on top was a warrior in black full-plate armour. Beside them was a beautiful woman with silky black hair and white skin, holding two massive greatswords that were completely oversized in her hands.

The section commander noticed the metal plate dangling from the warrior's neck.

An Adventurer!!

Even as he thought, the slight hint of hope turned to disappointment in an instant as he realised that it was a copper plate. Adventurers of the lowest class couldn't possibly be of an asset against this army of monsters.

Even though from their equipments and attire, the section commander could've guessed the pair's level were much higher than those of the copper-rank, but under the situation of immense pressure, he had failed to notice this.