PT1, ACT 9: Shadow vs. Light, Fire vs. Ice

PART 1: ALFHEIM/UNDERWORLD ARC

ACT 9: SHADOW VS. LIGHT, FIRE VS. ICE

"Level.....85....."

The golden girl was walking towards me with her sword raised, her blue eyes cold and unwavering, as I stood unable to move from the massive block of ice that restrained me.

"Kirito!" I heard Rowen shout from somewhere towards my left, where the blue knight was also walking towards, with his own ice-rose sword readied.

"Ughh...... guaaahh...." I groaned as I tried to move, but the roses that bloomed on the ice kept sucking in both my physical and magical energy, making me unable to take any action to resist.

The golden knight— Alice Synthesis Thirty— was almost five meters away from me, her golden boots crushing the ice crystals on the ground as she walked. She didn't say anything and was expressionless.

A bright light formed upon the surface of her sword...... and I sensed the feeling of death from the brightening sword.

I knew that if that blade was swung down on me, I would die even with my powerful regenerative abilities.

There was only one move I could make.

Under the bright light that shone from the knight's sword, I held the hilt of «Unity Vox», using my full strength to break it out of the crystal. The knight in front of me flinched just as there was a tiny shattering sound.

———if I couldn't focus the magical energy inside me.

All I could do was to release the magical energy that resided in my magic sword.

"Uaaaaaaaggghhh———!!!!"

And I swung up my pitch-black sword———

And a wall of dark shadow rose up in front of me, swallowing the knight and her blazing sword inside its powerful wave, and sending her flying incredible fast into the air with its sheer explosive force.

"——Alice!" The blue knight, Eugeo Sythesis Thirty Two, cried after the golden girl.

I willed the wave of shadow to wash over me, and as I absorbed the dark energy into my body, I felt strength regaining in my limbs. I broke through the hardened ice, and regrasping my black sword, swung it in an uppercut towards the blue knight.

"......!" The knight, Eugeo, took an evasive step to avoid the oncoming slash of shadow, brandishing his sword as he did so. But my aim was not hitting the knight——

Behind Eugeo there was a shattering of ice as my shadow wall collided————

And a crimson blazing fire assaulted the blue knight from the back, which he avoided by a hair's width—his face twisted in pain as the flame hit him with its immense heat. He flipped backwards in movements like a gymnast's, even with his heavy-looking armour, and got up warily a few meters away from the rising fire.

".........damn it." I heard Eugeo mutter quietly to himself.

The flames circled and concentrated to a much deeper red colour, forming into a snake-like shape moving through the air.

".....«Hell Flame»." Rowen swung «Kagutsuchi» to his side, covered in fire all over his body—from his hair, to his shoulders, to his arms....... the black katana he held was glowing red from its edges while emitting heat waves.

Eugeo readied his sword in a position I've never seen a player from SAO or ALO make.

Without contacting each other, Rowen and I kicked off towards the blue knight, me raising my two swords and charging one of them with a sword skill while readying the other to use my personal Skill «Skill Connect» allowing the use of consecutive sword skills without delay—and Rowen with his katana held high, black-red flames following his katana's movements in front of him in a massive magical blade «Hell Flame».