PT 2, ACT 1: Adventurer's Guild

PART 2: ADAMANTITE ADVENTURERS ARC

ACT 1: ADVENTURER'S GUILD

†††

The Adventurer's Guild was a multi-country organisation stationed all over the world. It had branches in almost every large town, and the Fortress Town of E-Rantel was no exception.

A large white building standing in the district enclosed between the first and second walls of the town—— the Guild Headquarters of E-Rantel was a site well known by everyone who lived in the town.

Every time somebody entered the headquarter building, bells placed on top of the entrance doors would make ringing sounds turning the attention of all those inside the building to focus on the newcomer. The existence of this 'bell' was the same for every Adventurer's Guild branches around the continent; and it was a kind of tradition for everyone inside the branch to turn their attentions to the entrance every time someone entered the building. 

————and on one day, the bells rang at the Guild building, and three figures wearing weather-beaten cloaks entered.

Normally, most people would lose interest the moment they saw some random people enter the building, but this time, all of their gazes stayed fixated on the unique appearances of the newcomers.

Asuna, surprised at all the sudden attention turned towards her, froze at the entrance. The two walking in behind her, Lisbeth and Yuuki rammed into her.

"Hey, Asuna! Don't stop like that!" Lisbeth hissed from behind her, nudging her on the back.

"Uh..... yeah." Asuna walked in nervously, trying to look as unintimidated as possible. Lisbeth followed after in her natural state, crossing her arms behind her head. Then came in Yuuki, who was looking around with curiosity at the insides of the Guild.

"Which way do we go?"

"To the counter, of course....... really, what's making you so nervous....."

"Y-yeah, of course....."

As the three fairies headed towards the Guild counter, the other adventurers started whispering to each other.

"Damn, who are they?"
"I've never seen ones like them around here...."
"Look at their hair..... are they dyed? Heck, what high-class noble family are they from...."
"Those pointed ears.... aren't they elves?"
"Look at those weapons, they aren't just some regular iron gear...."
"Are they going to sign up as adventurers....?"

Of course, the three fairies could hear all of these conversations with their enhanced hearing, but ignored them and followed up to the counter where a woman was looking through writings on a pile of paper.

"Excuse me..... we would like to register as adventurers. A party of three."

The counter woman took a piece of paper from the table and handed it over the counter without looking up. "Please fill up this form. The notices and price is listed there as well."

"Y-yes....." Asuna took the paper, making a sour face. She showed it to the two girls standing behind her.

"Liz....Yuuki... can you guys read this?"

Lisbeth shook her head for an obvious fact; she had been summoned at the same time as Asuna. However, Yuuki was......

The purple-haired Imp shrugged apologetically. "Sorry, Asuna.... I've been away from civilisation for most time. I never had the opportunity to.... learn letters."