PT1, ACT 6: Fear

PART 1: ALFHEIM/UNDERWORLD ARC

ACT 6: FEAR

"Uuggghhh!!!"

The muffled scream echoed through the trees. I finally pulled my leg out of the earth, and flopped down on the ground, completely drained of energy and wheezing in pain.

My arms, both bent towards different angles on numerous points, cracked all over and slowly aligned themself straight. Every time my bones, tissues, tendons and ligaments repaired themselves automatically, an indescribable pain shot up my entire body.

Next were my legs, which had been twisted around and broken on my ankles, shins, knees and hips. Again a muffled groan escaped my mouth from the pain.

My spine aligned itself with a massive crack, and I couldn't stop myself from screaming.

"Guaaaaaahhh——!!!"

As I gasped desperately for my breaths, my ribs repaired themselves, and so did my punctured internal organs. I turned and vomited our a great amount of blood and dirt out onto the ground.

And though my entire body ached and was heavy, I felt much better once my insides were repaired.

With trembling arms and legs I tried to get up, but fell backwards when strength failed to focus into my limbs.

".....ugh.....damn it, Rowen....." I muttered the name of the boy who was probably still stuck underground.

I laid back on the ground, trying to slow my breathing and regain my strength. I displayed my Status Window over my sight.

——— HP 132/358 - MP 101/120 ———

——— HP 133/358 - MP 101/120 ———

Even though my body and injuries were repaired, my HP hadn't been regained. I understood that even though my HP was slowly rising, it was dangerous to stay on low health if something like that dark elf showed up again.

I reached out a hand and took out a healing potion that I brought from ALfheim from my inventory. I put the tip of the vial to my lips and drank its contents — and just as a sweet taste spread inside my mouth, the liquid was absorbed into my throat.

After a slight burning sensation, I slowly felt my body regaining energy. With a grunt I immediately got up, and scanned my surroundings.

Now that the pain was almost gone, my superhuman senses and intuition was coming back to me.

Firstly, I confirmed that the monster, Mare Bello Fiore, was nowhere near the area. It felt like a miracle that my illusion magic worked against such a being.

Secondly, I searched through the ground with my 'sixth sense', and noticed a great concentration of heat below ground, right under me.

I quickly jumped backwards just as a pillar of flames rose from the ground, blowing away the dirt with its explosive force and heat. Next followed a few bursts of flame explosion further enlarging the hole in the ground.

Just as the magical energy level descended, I slid into the newly-made hole and reached into the center.

Inside the hole was a curled-up figure of a redheaded youth, covered with dirt and blood, gasping thirstily for air. Slowly he looked up towards my direction while narrowing his eyes.

"Ugh..... Kirito......" Rowen rasped, his blank-looking eyes slowly focusing onto my face.

I bit my lips upon seeing the damage Rowen had taken. "It's okay, I'll pull you out now....."