{ 1 }

The death of my best friend Elena Gilbert and her parents is one I will never get over.
Elena and I's families were very close. We were both founder's descendants, our little brothers are best friends, our parents have been best friends since high school, my aunt Lanie and her aunt Jenna are best friends, you know how it goes.
Me, Caroline, Elena, and Bonnie have always been our own little clique, ever since kindergarten.
We were even cheerleaders.
I remember once me and Caroline weren't talking all week because I made the cheerleading squad captain and she didn't, and Elena was the one who got us back together.
She was always like that.
I feel the worst for Jeremy. He lost all of his family in one night.
I know Elena would've wanted me to watch after her little brother, and that's exactly what I intend to do.
And Matt.
And Caroline. And Bonnie.
The whole town will mourn Elena and Mr. and Mrs. Gilbert.
My name is Luna Taylor.
I'm a senior at Mystic Falls High and a descendant of one of the founding families. I have a little brother, Adam, and we live with our grandparents since our parents left us a few years ago.
Elena Gilbert was my best friend, and she will always have a place in everyone's heart in Mystic Falls, Virginia. The little town I call home.