{ 21 }

"Jeremy, go upstairs, I wanna talk to Luna alone." Jenna said.
Jeremy wrinkled his nose but obeyed.
"Okay. Spill the gossip. I know something's bugging you."
"Did you know your nephew has a crush on me?"
"Everyone knew. Elena wanted it to happen for the longest time but after she died and you started dating that hot little Salvatore boy, everyone gave up. Even Jeremy. Then you and Stefan broke up, and he got a crush on you AGAIN, so did Tyler, him and Tyler got in a fist fight over it, then you started dating Damon. And now that's over. And then when you were gone Stefan and Damon didn't talk for like a month because Stefan said he still loved you, but no one was supposed to tell you because we knew how you would react. At least this is all what Jer said."
"Yeah, but now I'm dating Enzo."
"Why do all these boys have crushes on you?"
"Ouch, Jenna."
"No, I mean, ALL those boys got feelings for you in some sort of way. Why are you so special? Is it like a potion or something? Can I get some of that?"
"I don't think you need it." A man said, coming in from the back door. "Alaric Saltzman, nice to meet you." He flashed a bright smile and put out his hand for me to shake.
"Luna Taylor."
Jeremy hopped down the stairs.
"Okay, reunion over, time to take you to your grandparents."
My heart skipped a beat, and I immediately felt terrible for forgetting about my grandparents.
As we got in the car, I got a call from Damon.
"Where are you guys going right now?"
"To see my grandparents, why?"
"Put little Gilbert on the phone. Now."

All I could hear was, "You haven't told her? You idiot!"
After Jeremy hung up and handed me my phone, he was silent.
"What's up?" I asked.
"We gotta run to the Salvatore house first."
"Why?"
He shrugged.

I sat on the couch. "Is Enzo back yet?"
"No. Lexi said they're on their way though."
"Okay."
"We gotta talk." Damon huffed.
"Okay, what's up?"
"Your grandparents... They moved. And we didn't wanna tell you because we didn't want you freaking out."
"Why didn't THEY tell me?!"
"Because... They sorta don't remember you?"
"They WHAT?!"
"Okay, so when you left, I sorta maybe kinda went a little cray-cray in the brainy-brain, and instead of them forgetting you being in a bad situation and letting them move on with their life, I jumbled my words up and misspoke and they forgot you all together."
"Oh my god. Damon, I don't think you realize how bad this is."
"Look, you know what, I do understand. I'm being so calm because I know it's gonna be okay. Stefan and I have been keeping tabs on them. We checked in with them a month ago. They live in Florida."
"Well then we need to go to Florida."
"We had the trip planned already. We'll go the day after Thanksgiving. Promise."
I crossed my arms.
"All those memories. They raised me, Damon. You screwed up big with this one."
"I know Luna. I'm sorry. I love you." He frowned and put his arm around me as he gave the puppy dog eyes that made my heart melt.
I shook my head and stood up. "I should go find my boyfriend."
He nodded slowly. "Yeah, I guess you should."
We went downstairs and walked into the kitchen, and suddenly both Enzo and Damon's eyes grew to the size of saucers.
"Enzo?"
"Damon." Enzo snarled.
"How do you two know each other?" I asked after a full minute of silence. Everyone else was as confused as I was.
"It all makes sense now. She always talked about Stefan and Damon, and you said you had a brother named Stefan. How did I not suspect this?"
Enzo looked at Damon with pure hatred.
"Does she need to repeat herself?" Stefan asked.
"Damon and I used to be best friends, and then he almost killed me." Enzo muttered.
"In my defense, I thought you would stay dead and we wouldn't have to have this conversation decades later."
I looked at Enzo with confusion.
"Damon was an experiment too."
"You never told me this." I looked at Damon.
"Well sorry, it's not something I like to talk about."
"This is... Wow." Caroline said.
"Took the words right out of my mouth." Bonnie agreed.