{ 7 }

"Wake up. You gotta sneak into your house and get ready." Stefan whispered, which sent chills down my spine.
I groaned. "See you in a few hours."
He laughed. "Bye."
I snuck down the stairs, hoping Damon wouldn't already be up.
My prayers were not answered.
"Do me a favor, and I'm trying to be nice here." Damon said. I paused and faced him.
"What do you want?"
"Eat this toast, because knowing you, you won't eat later. I'll feel a lot better if you're not starving by second period."
"Um... Thank you? What'd you do to it?"
"Nothing, I promise." He seemed genuinely sincere.
"I'll eat it on my way to my house. Thanks."
He smiled. "No problem."

I got into the house and got ready without waking my grandparents. Turns out Adam had stayed the night at a friend's too.

Stefan's POV:

"You didn't talk to Luna on her way out of here, did you?" I asked Damon.
"I gave her breakfast so she wouldn't be hungry later."
I pinned him against the wall.
Wow, deja vu.
"What'd you do to it?!" I screamed.
"For the love of God, I put some vervain on it. There was an attack last night and it wasn't me. I'm just being cautious."
I let go. "Why do you care so much?"
"I like Luna's spunk. I think she should stick around awhile, is all."
"I don't know where this so going, but I'm going to enjoy every second of it while it lasts."
"I can't believe she stayed the night and you didn't even try to sleep with her." He shook his head.
"And welcome back, Damon."
He winked. "Pleasure to be home."
"Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna be late to school. Bye."

Luna showed up to first period English in sweatpants and a t shirt with her cheer sneakers and a VERY messy bun.
She feel asleep in class at least three times.
"Are you alright?" I asked after class.
"Really tired today."
"I can tell." I put my hand on the locker and looked at her.
"You're sure that you're just tired?"
"Positive." She kissed me. "Now get to your other class. I'll see you at lunch?"
"Not if I see you first." I grinned and headed to class.

Luna's POV:

"Miss Taylor! Don't!" Miss Smith yelled before I added an ingredient to the mixture in chemistry that I really shouldn't of.
It overflowed and went all over the table.
"Mr. Salvatore, would you like to switch lab partners?" She offered Stefan. My face got red as everyone look in our direction.
"I'll work with her Miss Smith, don't worry. She'll get it." He pulled her closet to whisper. "She's having a rough day, ma'am." He looked directly into her eyes.
"Cut her some slack."
Miss Smith suddenly went from full bitch mode to Miss Gingerbread.
"It's alright, Luna. Are you okay?"
I nodded slowly, not understanding how she changed so quickly.
Stefan smiled. "Here. Let me show you."
I nodded slowly.